• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

HC7, HC rum question

CMontoya79

Newb Le professional!
Sooo. I was wondering if there are any resources on how to authenticate a bottle of HC rum? I'm assuming that if the bottle was sealed that it's the real deal. I am almost through with my bottle, which I thoroughly enjoyed and I received an email from a retailer who posts here, and is based out of Mex who sells CC's as well as bottles of HC well worth the price, in fact about $40 less than what I paid for. Just a question.

Sooo. I was wondering if there are any resources on how to authenticate a bottle of HC rum? I'm assuming that if the bottle was sealed that it's the real deal. I am almost through with my bottle, which I thoroughly enjoyed and I received an email from a retailer who posts here, and is based out of Mex who sells CC's as well as bottles of HC well worth the price, in fact about $40 less than what I paid for. Just a question.

I dont know about authenticating a bottle of HCR,but DrewP is authentic & $40.00 shipped is a goooda price for HC7.

Never assume that a bottle is authentic just because it looks sealed from the distillery. Many authentic looking fake bottles are sold every year, although I have no idea how common this is with $40 bottles. I would buy another bottle but this time buy from a trusted source so you can compare them side by side. Be sure to check the bottle and the contents. I would post a high resolution photo here to let the experts authenticate the bottle.

Isn't this essentially "discussing sources," something that is expressly forbidden here?

I'll stay away from the "discussing sources" issue, but as for the possibility of fake HC Rum with an intact seal, I have been told in Cuba that it's a distinct possibility, and to be very careful where you buy your booze from (and note, that was a discussion in Cuba, pertaining to Cuban sources).

Apparently, the "My brother-in-law's sister's friend has a nephew who's great-aunt's neighbour knows someone ......." thing goes on in the rum circles same as fake cigars.

should look like this:

CubanRum002.jpg

or maybe one of these

CubanRum001.jpg

:thumbs:

Just reveived a bottle of HC7 last night in the mail. Thanks Drew...looking forward to taking a dram or two this weekend. As it is my first sampling of Cuban rum, I'm looking forward to the experience.