• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

HdM Le Hoyo series

cigardawg

Reading MRN and other resources, I have seen suggestions that the Le Hoyo series is blended to be more full-bodied than the rest of the HdM line. I have also seen suggestions that the Le Hoyo series has greater aging potentials. I have also read that there are real problems with construction...primarily plugged cigars, etc.

Was wondering if anyone has experience with these cigars. Specifically, I was looking at the Le Hoyo Des Dieux and the Le Hoyo Des Roi. What can one expect from the flavor profile? What about construction? Any information would be appreciated. :)

I like them a lot more than the regular Hoyos. I pulled a couple out of a pass and I really liked them so Spartagas and I split a box :thumbs:

I've smoked about half of my half so far and I love them. One was slightly plugged but the rest were fine. The boxcode is 11/01.

They are slightly fuller than a regular Hoyo. I find the regular Hoyos kind of bland but the Le Hoyo series are noticably different and again, I like them very much.

They suck. Stay away from them. No Cuban cigar is good, if no one talks a lot about them. Buy the regular Hoyo's. Leave the swill Le Hoyo series to...........me. :D

am puffing through a box of "du depute" that are a fantastic smoke...had 4 and already on my top ten all-time list.

derrek :)

Kinda tastes like chicken :cool:

'99 du Roi's are smoking well. Have never had one fresh.

I have been buying the Le Hoyo Des Dieux since 1998. They are a great cigar and for some strange reason these have not had the typical construction problems that most lonsdales have had in 99 and 00. Flavor wise they are very complex, strength wise they are medium to full with nice nose.

The Du Roi cab I got from 99 has had some construction problems, maybe 6-8 plugged cigars so far through 2/3rds of the cab. The Le Hoyo Du Depute is one of my favorite tres petites. No construction issues to speak of with them.

In my opinion the best cigar that is in the Hoyo range is the Epicure 1, always consistent and great flavors.