• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Headphones / earbud question

Gator

Anyone have the Bose earbuds? Curious if they're worth the $, and if they are sound isolating (is sound isolating meaning it blocks out most all external noise?_

Anyone have the Bose earbuds? Curious if they're worth the $, and if they are sound isolating (is sound isolating meaning it blocks out most all external noise?_

Have the Shure ec2's and use them everyday on the NYC subway, they are pretty awesome! They block 95% of sound

I've got a pair of earbud Sony 'noise cancellation' (both passive and active thru a mini amp thingy in-line)
They work like a CHAMP, I love em, esp for planes etc.

I don't know if BOSE is worth the extra $$ unless you're a serious audiphile tho. The Sony's I have sound great and they were about 50$

GL!
Rob

I've got several pairs of the Sennheiser PMX 100's / 80's and won't use anything else. Very good headphones for the money......

Regards - B.B.S.

The shure E2c's I have blow the bose that my wife has away. They reproduce sound much better...bass response is better, and the accuracy in treble and high-mids is astonishing!. That, and the passive noise cancellation is impressive.

I've got a pair of earbud Sony 'noise cancellation' (both passive and active thru a mini amp thingy in-line)
They work like a CHAMP, I love em, esp for planes etc.

I don't know if BOSE is worth the extra $$ unless you're a serious audiphile tho. The Sony's I have sound great and they were about 50$

GL!
Rob

i had the same sony ones but i think i only paid 30? They were awesome for when i was at the gym or trying to tune out one of my lectures.

The shure E2c's I have blow the bose that my wife has away. They reproduce sound much better...bass response is better, and the accuracy in treble and high-mids is astonishing!. That, and the passive noise cancellation is impressive.
I have a pair of the shure E2c's and love 'em. I couldn't justify another couple hundred for the E4c's, but I do love bass and they are supposed to have better bass response. The mids and highs are awesome w/ the E2c's. I hear lyrics and subtleties much better w/ them. But the bass I find lacking ... but I don't know that you can really ever reproduce the thump you feel in the back of your spine w/o some wattage and cone surface. :D

I also have a pair of the Bose noise canceling head phones. I really like those for the plane, except for the amount of space they take up. But the active noise canceling is really nice to get rid of the engine noise. But after about 4 hours I seem to start getting a headache ....

GL!
- C

I've got several pairs of the Sennheiser PMX 100's / 80's and won't use anything else. Very good headphones for the money......

Regards - B.B.S.

Sennheiser HD212 headphones here. Best 45 bucks I EVER Spent. NEVER going back to sony, bose, jbl, nothing. Cheaper than all the others, flat out better than anything else.

Sennheiser FTW!!!

Etymotic research

6isolator earphones( I love mine )

www.etymotic.com

Edit: Blocks out all external noise

I have a pair of the Shure headphones that fit in your ear....I think there are pros and cons:

Cons:
1. Hard to install/insert...The first time you go to "wear" them it is kind of like sticking a golf tee in your ear. I played around with the various sizes (compared to my ear canals, the sizes range from large to gi-normous) and ended up with the foam inserts (like those disposable ear plugs). It takes some time and screwing around to get them "inserted" just right.

2. Because of the time and hassle required to "put them on", I don't wear them very much and it's annoying at work because I have to keep taking one of them out when somebody wants to talk to me.

3. If I chew or move around very much, they fall out.

4. Unless they are "way in" the bass is non-existent.

5. They aren't comfortable to wear for longer than about 1 hour at a time.

6. The foam will need replacing regularly.

Pros
1. Properly inserted, they sound pretty good and keep out other noises effectively.

Because of the above, I end up using my crappy iPod headphones for most of my personal iPod listening...they are just easier to deal with...YMMV.

I use the Shures and got them fairly cheap at Target on sale. I picked them up one day in a hurry headed out on some long flights and now think there the best things since sliced bread. They are truely amazing how good they sound from such a little device.

ads

I had a pair of E3C, but thanks to my 16yo, they're now lost :angry:

I had the same issues as Joe, and was not super impressed. I'm hoping the Bose turn out better, wish someone out there that has them would chime in and give me / us the pros / cons about them.