• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Heartbraking loss.....

Mike33

About a week and a half ago a firefighter in the town where I grew up in was badly burned in a fire and tonight I found out he died due to his injuries. I went to school and knew his kids pretty well; I played basketball with his oldest son for two years and his daughter was a year under me in school. I think he had three kids, but I am not for sure. I talked to his daughter shortly after the fire and they were all pretty optimistic about him recovering. Such a sad, sad situation. If you all could, please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers.

Here is a link about his passing: Linky

Thoughts and prayers to you and his family and fellow firefighters. My father was a firefighter and died when I was five years old. I feel for your loss.

Sorry to hear this. Have you and his family in my thoughts.

sometimes we take for granted the civil workers that keep us safe at night. i am sorry for your loss. never forget. he was a hero.

Sorry for your friends passing and condolences to his family.

I'm sad to hear about a man serving the community, who obviously was a good guy and lovingly cared for his family, had to be taken before his time. I'll keep them all in my prayers.

Good thoughts headed their way. Firefighters are among the best people I've ever met.

My heart breaks for all those who loved this brave, self-sacrificing man.
All will be held in my prayers.
Blessings amidst the tears,
Dave

Indeed, I will be keeping his family in my thoughts and prayers. I love my brothers in red, always. As much as we poke at one another, claiming the firemen want to be cops, or cops want to be firemen...when it all comes down to it: We're both skirting that terrible fine fine line between humanity and insanity incarnate.

Rest in peace my brother, and God take care of this man's family.

Thanks for posting this Mike.

The Firefighter's Prayer

When I am called to duty, God, whenever flames may rage;

Give me strength to save some life, whatever be its age.

Help me embrace a little child before it is too late

Or save an older person from the horror of that fate.

Enable me to be alert and hear the weakest shout,

And quickly and efficiently to put the fire out.

I want to fill my calling and to give the best in me,

To guard my every neighbor and protect his property.

And if, according to my fate, I am to lose my life;

Please bless with your protecting hand
my children and my wife.

Author Unknown