• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

heartfelt bead question

As far as how they beads work or rehydrating there is not difference. It is purely based on your situation, where they will be placed, how many you need and what you prefer.

Dave

I've always preferred the mesh bags. Especially if you accumulate quite a few of them, they don't take up as much space. Could save you some money too.

Your cheapest solution is to go buy a pair of nylons (color doesn't matter :lol:), and cut the feet off. Pour half your beads into one, and half into the other. That provides maximum exposure of beads to your humi. The benefit to having 2 separate bags is that to adjust humidity you can have one bag be the wet bag and one be the dry bag. It's MUCH easier to adjust humidity using that method than when they're all in the same bag. Trust me on that. Been using beads almost exclusively in my cooler and wine-coolerdor for almost 2 years now and they work perfectly.

Lately I've actually been cheating. I bought some of those gel cups that keep humidity at 70%, then bought a pound of 60% beads. I keep the beads dry and together they keep the humidity rock solid at 64% - 66%. That system works AWESOME with the wine cooler since (even though it's thermoelectric) there are still small jumps in humidity when it cools or warms. The two balance each other out and I NEVER have a stray humidity.