• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Help from the masters

Bohemian Red

Coffee fueled & beer cooled.
I am about to leave on a week long trip out of the country. I will have a few hours to spend in the city and I have already scouted out the location of a nice smoke shop. I'd like to make the most of the experience, so I'll ask you guys with more experience what I should smoke. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

BR

having no idea your tastes....try a padron '64 or '26 first and foremost, if you havent already. if you have money, treat yourself to a graycliff (i prefer the black), a davidoff millenium, ashton vsg or maybe a DC maximus.

Red,

Since you posted this in the Cuba forum, I'd assume you're asking about Havana cigars.

I think your best bet would be to chat up the tobacconist and let him know what kind of smokes you like (in terms of flavor, strength, etc.) and ask him for recommendations.

Things you might want to try that are popular and might provide some basis for beginning discussions with others about Cuban cigars might be:

Partagas: Serie D No.4, Shorts, Serie P No. 2, Lusitania, Lonsdale, 898 varnished
Cohiba: Robusto, Siglo II, Siglo III, Exquisito
Trinidad: Reyes, Fundadores
Bolivar: Petit Coronas, Belicosos Finos, Coronas Gigantes, Royal Coronas
Punch: Punch
H. Upmann: Magnum 46, Connoisseur No.1, Monarch
Ramon Allones: Specially Selected, Small Club Coronas
Montecristo: No. 4, No. 2

There are likely to be many more that are available depending on the shop and country you visit. If you are going to a place that has Regional Releases, you might want ot give those a swing as well.

Wilkey

Red,

Since you posted this in the Cuba forum, I'd assume you're asking about Havana cigars.

I think your best bet would be to chat up the tobacconist and let him know what kind of smokes you like (in terms of flavor, strength, etc.) and ask him for recommendations.

Things you might want to try that are popular and might provide some basis for beginning discussions with others about Cuban cigars might be:

Partagas: Serie D No.4, Shorts, Serie P No. 2, Lusitania, Lonsdale, 898 varnished

There are likely to be many more that are available depending on the shop and country you visit. If you are going to a place that has Regional Releases, you might want ot give those a swing as well.

Wilkey

How about those Vitasea sticks?

Yes, cuban rolls are what I was asking about, sorry I should have specified. Thanks for the input so far!

Red,

Wilkey

I agree with all the above and would also add the following are some really nice sticks as well:
Cohiba: Siglio VI, Esplendido
Vegas Robaina
Hoyo De Monterrey Epicure #2
RyJ Deluxe Cedros #2

Too many good Cubans to list out, so you might try to find an aged stick. Look at the bottoms of the boxes and look for an older box code or a cigar with some nice bloom/plume on it.