• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Help........What to tell the Wife?!?

CigarAl

I know its the holidays and we all over spend on this ittle hobby of ours, but I think I am headed for dangerous water.

Thanks to a few people here and a few sites that we all visit I have 4-5 separate packages being delivered tomorrow.

Great you say, except for one thing, I got called away on business and wont be home when they arrive. I work from home when I am not traveling, so this is not usually a problem.

Any thoughts, suggestions or words of encouragement for when I arrive home late tomorrow night????????

And yes the wife is being well taken care (not that way you animals ;) ) for the holidays so that excuse is already taken.

Help me make it thorugh the holidays...................... :thumbs:

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Al

You could call the Post Office and tell them to hold all parcels and you will pick them up. Let the mail go through. :thumbs:

You could send them here, I will hold them for ya :whistling:

Otherwise, take your beating like a man. ???

82096181.gif

Hiding stuff from the wife always backfires... trust me on this.

Man up, tell her the truth and go from there.

Tell her they're presents for her, then go out and buy a crapload of stuff! :laugh:

Hilarious topic man!

Tell her if she gives you any shit, you will cut her off from sex. Always works for me. :D

when they arrive and you openthem, tell her how wonderful sher is, and that you cant thank her enough for the great gifts for your favorite hobby.....

when they arrive and you openthem, tell her how wonderful she is, and that you cant thank her enough for the great gifts for your favorite hobby.....

Yup Mx has got it. Tell her you never thought in your wildest dreams she understood you THAT much. Maybe a tear... You got it in the bag.

Deny you know anything. Packages?! What packages?! I see no packages? :whistling:

^^^^yup, I like it, and then when she fesses up you can use the SS bomb as the , wow, what a great website, those BOTL.

Good times,

Then get rid of the evidence :cool:

Man up tell her the truth and dont forget. Its easer to ask for forgivness then permission! Rp

Just tell her you're expecting some packages from your forums and go from there. If she gets too nosey, you can always tell her the truth.

Flowers or jewelry. Flowers will be cheaper and can get same day delivery. Been there, done that, still married.

Yes, they are presents you ordered for her and she cannot open them.

Now, that doesn't work if the return label is a cigar shop....you might be screwed there.

Where to start....

First thanks for the suggestions and laughs. I got a chilly phone call during my layover in NY while traveling home. Several of the boxes were from vendors so the SS excuse and box split excuse only went so far.....and yet more questions and comments this morning.

Suggestion to vendors......Provide an option to ship WITHOUT an invoice. After she opened the first box and saw the invoice, she said "I probably dont want to open the others do i".

I actaully had an out, but couldnt do it. I called home after my meeting and my daughter (who is 12) was home before my wife. She promptly told me I had four packages that came. I told her to put them in my office and not to ask any questions during the holidays. I could have had her hide them under my desk, but I couldnt implicate her in the mess I had put myself in.

End result, I fessed up to everything I ordered but not the total of what I spent (thank god for the work AMEX card).

It will cost me in the end, but all will be fine, as Juan said, been there, done that....still married.

Happy Holidays Everyone