• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Help

Jeff1101

G21
In a effort to piss my wife off why not take up pipe smoking also. :sign: After doing a lot of searching I decided to start with a couple of cob pipes and was ready to check out but then it hit me what to smoke in it? Any and all suggestion please. This is what I was looking at but decided to get input first.The stand by me sampler..

If you're looking for samplers, Smokingpipes.com has a few excellent C&D samplers:

Virginia Sampler
English Sampler
Aromatics Sampler

IF you're lucky, the pipes won't be nearly as offensive to your wife as the stogies :p

I got the Virginia one a while back, and I'm still working my way through it ;)

Both good suggestions, although the C&D Aromatic sampler wouldn't be my first choice.

You could try a Hearth and Home sampler from the website you've already linked to (it's in the bulk tobacco section). Go through the descriptions and just pick some that sound good. The tobacco is excellent and the blends are very good quality. Flavor, of course, is subjective.

My favorites:

Sunjammer
Namaste'
Old Companion
Larry's Blend (Pretty heavy, but if you like more full bodied cigars it is VERY satisfying)

For the rest just pick whatever sounds good. If you call and order you can replace one of your 6 choices with Butternut Burley from Scotty's Blends. It is absolutely great and I"m really not a big Burley fan.

Good luck!

EDITED TO ADD: If you're looking for tinned tobacco The Froggy Went a Courtin' sampler is also a really good place to start in my opinion.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I have a couple of cobs and a tobacco sampler on the way. Now the wait. :(