• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hemmingway Maduro's...

everyone has to keep in mind MSRP does NOT include any type of state tobacco tax.

That's true as NY has a 37% one....... ;)

True, unless you're buying from out of state. What I don't get is that some companies will charge the tobacco tax EVEN if it's being sold out of state. This is illegal, and I noticed that it's only done with HTF sticks.

everyone has to keep in mind MSRP does NOT include any type of state tobacco tax.

That's true as NY has a 37% one....... ;)

True, unless you're buying from out of state. What I don't get is that some companies will charge the tobacco tax EVEN if it's being sold out of state. This is illegal, and I noticed that it's only done with HTF sticks.

Hum.. this sounds very much like the "ghetto" tax that I used to have to pay when I was attempting to purchase alcohol underage. Retailer would "round-up" the price and keep the difference. I guess it's a case of if you want something bad enough, you'll pay.

Xerais is in Ohio which has a substantial amount of tax of its own. I think his post was very well intentioned and he should face not criticism because he had no profit motive behind the post. These are hard to find cigars and I cannot think of a Cincinnati, Ohio store that would sell them very much cheaper (considering taxes).

Carry on Xerais, post what you want and let people make their own decisions about what is worth it for them. :thumbs:

Thanks Stu. I probably shouldn't have taken it so personally, its just last time i posted where to buy WOAMs i received PMs from people angry that I was sharing sources, and this time people were ridiculing the price tag. I'll keep spreading the info when I can find it, but the negative responses get pretty old.