• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Herndon, Virginia

wpeloqui

Hi,

I could be traveling to Herndon, VA in the near future. Does anyone know of any cigar lounges and/or B&M shops. I would have to guess that Virginia is very cigar friendly. Are the tax rates on cigars there reasonable. Will there be a great selection available to me?

Any BOTLs live in that area? I would like to know more about it.

Thanks,

Willie

i was driving through Herndon once and say this guy light up a cigar, only to be ponced on and beeten up by a mob of old ladies. Watch yopur back and carry mase.
J/K. Tax rates in VA are pretty good, much better then CA. As for B&M's in that neck of the woods, I cannot help you out, but you would not have to travel too far to get to some good shops.

I went there, and had my own smokes. Smoked in my car back and forth to the Capital. That said, go to "Legal Seafood" for lunch or dinner, if you have the funds. The Seafood was excellent when I went.

Old Virginia Tobacco has a store on the second floor of the Dulles Town Center Mall in Sterling. Total taxes are 11% on cigars which includes the sales and tobacco tax. There aren't any lounges perse, but Shelly's is the standard and is a must if you get a chance to go to DC. They have a good selection and have boxes stashed away of Padron 64s and 26s, as well as VSGs, etc. You just have to ask them.

I have a buddy that lives near Reston Town Center and has picked some smokes up for me before. Couldn't tell you the name of the shop, or the exact location, but I do know that Herndon isn't too far from Reston Town Center.

Reston is five minutes from Herndon, and Reston is where you will find Cigar Town. Nice store. Old Virginia Tobacco in Dulles Town Center mall is also just a few minutes away - and a very good store. Also worth hitting is Leesburg Cigar and Pipe. Leesburg is about 20 minutes from Herndon. IMO, the best selection and best lounge is at Leesburg Cigar and Pipe (nice sofas, chairs, and a flatscreen TV. Old Virginia has a small seating area. I've only been into Cigar Town once to grab lighter fluid, and glanced through their selection while I was there. I don't recall whether or not they have a lounge at all, but there's tons of nice places to eat nearby. I grew up in Herndon (moved there from Philly in '74), and now live nearby in Sterling (minutes from Old Virgnia Tobacco). I know the area well - so feel free to PM if you have any other questions.