• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hey, knife guys.... what's your EDC? I need a new one!

Satchmo

Why do they call it a Power Ranger???
Hey guys,

I just lost my Kershaw Chive. Cool little assist open knife. Lately, I've been looking into knives (thanks to some of my friends recent discussions) and am really getting into all the different makers, materials, etc.

If I could sell some seegars I'd like to get a nice Spyderco Caly 3, a Chris Reeves anything or maybe a William Henry.

So, what's in your pocket? Pics are appreciated :)

P.S. If anyone is looking to part with a nice folder, I'd be interested in a trade/sale.

I carry this relatively inexpensive CRKT folder.

For the price, it has great steel, keeps an edge very well, and it wouldn't be the end of the world if I lost it. I'm very happy with it and use it almost daily.

Regards - B.B.S.

I carry this one:
480.jpg

I wouldn't carry anything as expensive as a chris reeve, especially considering you lost your last one (I've lost my share too).

I carry a relatively inexpensive Kershaw Blackout.

I carry......THIS everyday for my work knife. IMHO you can't go wrong with a Kershaw blade.

Great lifetime warranty. Great customer service.

If you liked your Chive, try the Leek

This is their plain Jane Leek. Comes in many flavers. Ebay has some of the best prices. Just watch the shipping.

THIS is my Leek.

This is the one I carry most of the time. A Buck Redpoint. It has a bottle opener too!

BU3053.jpg

I used to carry a chive until I lost it also. Now I carry a variation on the leek. I have never looked back since I started buying Kershaw knives.

I too carry a Kershaw, by Ken Onion, I believe it's the Leek, Brad suggested it to me when I was at the Outlaw, and I've been completely happy with it ever since.

Maybe not as concealable as you'd like, but there's quite a few at http://www.bowie-knives.com/. :)

Im a huge Spyderco fan so its either a Half/Half Endura or a Plain Native. Ive got a whole drawer full of cheap knives ill use if there is a risk of abuse. I got the wife one of the mini chives, nice little blade.

ETA: I used to carry a CRKT M-16 daily but wanted something slimmer. I carry their KISS when I backpack

I carry a Wenger SAK

wenger-knife-cigar704.jpg

Best cigar cutter I've ever used. It also opens my beer, beans and wine. If I need to protect myself, I carry something that says .45

Doc.

My wife loves Benchmade, but I'm currently carrying a Gerber Rip Stop. It's a good knife for everyday use. I like the blade because it's stout and wide enough to open pop top bottles.
22-01614-1.jpg

I'm old school. A Buck 110 one dot I've had for 30 years or more.

I carry a Wenger SAK

wenger-knife-cigar704.jpg

Best cigar cutter I've ever used. It also opens my beer, beans and wine. If I need to protect myself, I carry something that says .45

Doc.

+1, I have two (they are out of production, I believe) and keep one in my pocket all the time.

In my other pocket I carry a Gerber Paraframe II. It's under $25 at any Walmart in the country. Great balance, good size. And at that price and availability, it doesn't bother me to beat it up or lose one.

jqj5ow.jpg

I carry an SOG Flash II it has a nice blade with a sharp and serrated in the same blade. It also comes completely apart so I can clean all the gunk and sand out. It has a great pocket clip. I put it in the pocket of my driving suit in every race I run and have never lost it due to all the bouncing around and getting in and out off the race car changing tires and such. It really comes in handy cutting fuel line and Ty wraps.
I also have it in the pocket of my jeans every day. I feel naked without it.

It also does a pretty damn fine job opening beers and cutting cigars in a pinch.

I forgot about this other knife I've got, a Victorinox Swiss Army. I don't carry it alot as I'm afraid I'll lose it. It's not very heavy duty but it is a good cigar knife.

vm_54850_sol_a02.jpg

Spyderco is my favorite EDC knife.

The saying is they design the knives with their eyes closed.

Functional, excellent steels (VG-10, ZDP-189), and handle materials, excellent blade

geometry, ergonomics, all make for what I feel is the best bang for the buck knives made.

I carry Spyderco as well. My everyday carry is the clipit endura. I used to carry a Spyderco Jess Horn. They're hard to come by and was probably the best knife I ever carried. I retired it after almost losing it. I'd be really sad if I ever lost that one.

I've tortured my Endura and it's survived everything. Other than that, I'm a big fan of SOG. CRKT's KISS is a nice knife for the price as well.

I carry this and use it every day. I have had and tried out all their models and I think this one is the most useful on a daily basis. Bigger than a pocket folder but so versatile.

PJ