• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hi. Just stopping by again

Seizure

Hey every BOTL.

It's been a long time since I stopped by. As you all know, I got a new job back in March, and things have been busy busy busy, since we are looking to grow grow grow. (I'm an IT guy in the Healthcare industry), I haven't had the time to browse CP as much. And when I get home, after a whole day on the computer, I dno't like to spend any additional time on my machine. So just wanted to drop by and give everyone an update and some interesting tidbits.

The last time I visited was May 23rd 2005. Since then, there has been 97 pages of new posts at 25 posts per page = 2425 new posts since may 23rd. I've gone through 30 some odd pages before I finally gave up.

I'm glad to see Ree Ree Rubosto is now involved in an "all star pass", he has definately came a long way since our Newbie Get your feet wet pass of last years.

I'm a bit surprised at the recent turn of events and the big thread on Kayakinboy, but KB's been a good guy, I'm sure he will make things right. And that's all I'm going to say about that.

Things are still the same, There are always debates on what the perfect RH is. What should one use as humidifying elements with the ultra quick response of Beads, Beads, Beads. PAM's and PAN's are still the cigars of choice. And the debates continues on what Humi's to get, and what Cigars are the best.

I have smoked a total of less then 3 cigars since May that I can remember. I don't crave cigars as much showing cigar smoking is not a physically habit forming, but when I do enjoy one, it is great. The last 3 cigars I smoked were a JR Ultimate Cab #10, a CAO Brazilia Robusto Size, and a HDM Excalibur Epicure. Part of the reason I don't smoke anymore is I'm not allowed to smoke in the house with my new roomates. And even though the weather is nice outside, my inability to enjoy a football game or movie has slowed my herfing habits down a bit. But, it just means my cigars will age much more nicely.

Have Fun, Light it up, and Smoke it down.

P.S. Buffalo's going to the Superbowl!

Drop by more often man! We miss ya!

They definitely have a good shot at it. Now if we can get the Sabres to the Stanley cup, that would be something!

Seizure said:
[snapback]224807[/snapback]​

We're not just going this time. We're winning the damn thing!

GO BILLS!

Oh, and one more thing...

NO GOAL!

freakin i.t. healthcare newb..lol

what systems they got you working on??

alexgtp said:
freakin i.t. healthcare newb..lol

what systems they got you working on??
[snapback]225090[/snapback]​

Primarily we use a Citrix Environment. But most of that is very self maintained and stable. They have been sending me down south a lot where most of their facilities are for a big project of theirs. We're using handheld PDA's to input resident/patient data wireless into our system. But, things are a bit on hold because of the hurricane, so I'm here posting =)

What he said :thumbs:

lucasbuck said:
We're not just going this time. We're winning the damn thing!

GO BILLS!

[snapback]225089[/snapback]​

How is the HIPAA compliancy issues going for you?

We are finally 100% compliant..:)

TOok us a long time.. We are now in the process of implementing a claims system that runs on SQL ..this thing has been a nightmare because we are unable to builf the DB's to work for us in the way we need them to work.. Boy i hate deadlines!!

I wish i could go back to the days of network administration!! cuz this other crap sucks!

alexgtp said:
How is the HIPAA compliancy issues going for you?

We are finally 100% compliant..:)

TOok us a long time.. We are now in the process of implementing a claims system that runs on SQL ..this thing has been a nightmare because we are unable to builf the DB's to work for us in the way we need them to work.. Boy i hate deadlines!!

I wish i could go back to the days of network administration!! cuz this other crap sucks!
[snapback]225886[/snapback]​

Haha. HIPPA Compliancy. In our opinion we are Hippaa compliant in terms of our security and access. However we don't have any policies in place. It's actually suppose to be my job, but that project is a very low priority compared to all the other things on my plate. We are using something called HCAT from hipaamanager.com.
Seems pretty easy to use.

You work for a healthcare firm also I'm guessing alex. I know i don't want to do network admin all the time. It gets boring after a while, once everything is stable, it's just your babysitting things. I like to keep things going, and tackle new issues and such.