• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hockey

Bruins 7 Toronto 2 Kessel -3. The poor kid just couldn't handle it. The crowd never let up on him.

Doc.

You know, what hurts the most is Rask being in there. If he'd have gotten the shut out I would have cut myself. But just a little, anything to feel something other than sadness.

Another night with Phil the Thrill. I suspect this will be a much better game than the last. I'm looking foward to this.

Doc.

Well, from the radio calls it sounded like a good first 15 minutes of a third period, after that, not so much. Best line all night I heard was about Blake getting the high sticking call on Chara late in the 3rd. Something along the lines of "How'd Blake high stick Chara? You'd think he'd need a fire truck and a ladder for that."

I'm a flyers fan and they look like pure garbage out there lately. Don't even want to go down to any games.

Like Conn Smythe said, if you can't beat them in the alley you can't beat them on the ice. The Leafs might not win much this year but at least it should be entertaining.

Also, Lindros is a douche and a mamma's boy.

As for the Bruins Doc, well, Julien's shtick seems to get thin with players and now that he's in his 3rd year with the Bruins it's all down hill from here. However, as long as they beat the Habs they'll have my support, especially when they let Semin and Backstrom get 5 assists between them for my hockey pool.

Work has begun on the Rink. Interesting process. You can read about it here. My link

Doc.

Going to the Kings V, Stars game tonight thanks to one of my female friends hooking it up with tickets. I should just marry this girl too bad she's an Avs fan :D

Looking forward to the Isles game tonite. There's a little additional drama, however. Julien is supposed to name the new second alternate Captain. He says no one will know including the player until he puts his sweater on. I'm betting on Marc Savard. He took the home town discount and singed for cheap.

Doc.

Kings = 1st place in the WC! :cool:

Almost equally satisfying, Anaheim is last! :p

Hopefully the Kings can get Smyth back soon. Simmonds being out hurts and now perhaps Stoll again? Somehow they continue to get some wins. After watching the trainwreck that has been this rebuild, the success thus far has been quite a breath of fresh air!

We die hards care. But L.A. in general is a bandwagon town and just loves a winner. If the kings make the playoffs Staples Center is guranteed to sell out. If they do well in the playoffs, well, like any successful team, all the fans will seem to come out of the woodwork.

It's a shame no one outside LA (or even inside LA) really cares :laugh:

Oh Rural Guy, that really really hurts. I may or not may not be in the minority here but I make sure I am on time to be in my seat for the opening face-off and never EVER leave early. I can remember back when the Kings were playing the Red Wings back in the 2001 playoff as the Kings were losing three to nothing with six minutes remaining. I may be over stating it but damn here half the fans starting to leave yet we know what happened that evening. Back to the Kings being first in the conference, honestly if no one cares about it fine, I'm sure the team will use the under-dog tag to fuel their fire.

We die hards care. But L.A. in general is a bandwagon town and just loves a winner. If the kings make the playoffs Staples Center is guranteed to sell out. If they do well in the playoffs, well, like any successful team, all the fans will seem to come out of the woodwork.

This town truly belongs to the Lakers and the Dodgers so until the Kings start putting up consistent wins over a few seasons the casual fan will not care. I know I have been hiding away in my cave studying for finals but i really wonder if the local sports talk radio stations mention the Kings being in 1st?

West coast teams simply don't get the coverage of East coast or Northern teams. I think LA is benefiting from some teams taking them for granted at first but they may have a harder 2nd half, even with Smyth back. Although if Quick keeps playing so well they may surprise someone in the first round.

As for fans, lots of cities have their sports teams that have the fan support no matter what and sports where the fans are band wagon. Look at Toronto. Packed for hockey no matter how bad they are but they can't sell out a baseball game or a basket ball game unless the team is hot. It's not just Southern teams either, Ottawa can't sell out a hockey game unless the team is winning.

Woo Hoo!

I'm so excited for the return of Ryan Smyth to the Kings!

our top line (Anze Kopitar, Ryan Smyth, Justin Williams) totaled over 70 points in just 15 games!

man im looking forward to it!

So guys I am obviously a Sabres fan (what Buffalonian isn't a Sabres fan.) But this year it isn't so hard to be a fan, the Bills are a different story.

I was wondering if anyone else agrees with me that Harry Neale needs to retire. He is always good for a laugh during the game, but I want an announcer that makes sense when he talks and knows what is going on, on the ice.

So guys I am obviously a Sabres fan (what Buffalonian isn't a Sabres fan.) But this year it isn't so hard to be a fan, the Bills are a different story.

I was wondering if anyone else agrees with me that Harry Neale needs to retire. He is always good for a laugh during the game, but I want an announcer that makes sense when he talks and knows what is going on, on the ice.

Many Canadians (including myself) would consider it blasphemous to talk bad about Harry Neale. We still haven't gotten over him leaving CBC to do play-by-play for the Sabres. Harry Neale confused and lost is still better than 90% of the American coloUr guys I've ever heard.

Many Canadians (including myself) would consider it blasphemous to talk bad about Harry Neale. We still haven't gotten over him leaving CBC to do play-by-play for the Sabres. Harry Neale confused and lost is still better than 90% of the American coloUr guys I've ever heard.

I am not saying that Harry Neale is a bad guy, but there is nothing to praise about him. His timing is off on everything. What he says doesn't make sense and there is ZERO chemistry with him. Listen to a Sabres game, listen when Harry talks half the time he makes a statement there is that awkward silence. I would rather listen to Rick Jeanneret and Rob Ray any day. I am sorry if I upset you, but I have to listen to Harry every single time the Sabres play.