• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hockey

Shutting down the Sedins and Kessler is key, and no easy task. I hope Boston has some speed because Vancouver has boatloads of it. Another key for Boston is putting SOG. Luongo, while strong, has not had to be spectacular. When the team needs him to carry them is usually when he struggles and lets in softies. Put tons of SOG, screen him, and make contact with him and he'll usually start to fade/dive/whine to the refs.

If you can get Luongo off his game, the series is yours for the taking.

Also, Luongo is a big goalie. He usually uses his size well. But he's also rather lumbering and ungraceful. When moving across the crease for shots he'll usually end up flat on his belly. If you can roof some cross-ice one timers you're pretty much guaranteed a goal. Watch out for that glove hand, though. Probably more effective stick side.

Hope for Luongo to have diarrhea again. ( no joke )

Who do I think will win? That would be Van., which btw had a team with a name "millionaires". Kind of funny, with all the China money getting put there, the housing market is at a peak. Maybe they are millonaires :sign:

Bruins has won 3 cups and Van 0.

Of course I have no idea who will win, but remember some of these games go on National TV which means the refs will make sure it will go at least 6 games. :angry: It is the reason why I hate NBA, but that is another story.

I have no skin in these games, I just want excellent hockey! :thumbs:

Shutting down the Sedins and Burrows is key, and no easy task. I hope Boston has some speed because Vancouver has boatloads of it. Another key for Boston is putting SOG. Luongo, while strong, has not had to be spectacular. When the team needs him to carry them is usually when he struggles and lets in softies. Put tons of SOG, screen him, and make contact with him and he'll usually start to fade/dive/whine to the refs.

If you can get Luongo off his game, the series is yours for the taking.

Agreed! Look at what Buf did to him last year.

While I think Vancouver will win the series, Tim Thomas is an excellent candidate for the Conn Smythe (ala Giggy in 2003). He has been outstanding throughout the entire playoffs.

I have a feeling that the winning goalie will get the Vezina trophy. Personally, I think Thomas deserves it a bit more than Lu-ocho.

I have a feeling that the winning goalie will get the Vezina trophy. Personally, I think Thomas deserves it a bit more than Lu-ocho.

Vezina is already voted for I think as it is based on regular season. Do you mean Conn Smythe? I think you're right on that if they keep playing like they did. If the series is mostly 1-0 or 2-1 games you almost have to give the Conn to one of the goalies. Although due to Louongo's okay play offs and Thomas' up and down playoffs this might be the year the voters really do focus on the whole play offs vs just the final series and give it to Kessler or Horton if he gets another game winner or two.

According to NHL.com voting is done at end of regular season. I can't imagine Thomas not getting it if that is the case although you never know about Rinne.

I can't imagine Thomas not getting it if that is the case although you never know about Rinne.

Agreed. He should be a lock for the Vezina this year. He set a modern day record for save percentage during the regular season. Simply brilliant!

Well, there is justice, sort of. Nathan Horton is out with a severe concussion for the rest of the playoffs. Rome has been supended for 4 games.

Doc.

Always nice to see the return of Lu-ocho. Is 3 more games of the Bruins trouncing the divers, er, I mean Nucks too much to hope for?

That hit was lights out. No argument over the suspension.

Glad to see the Bruins put some one the board.

Well, let's see if the Flyers can get Bryzgalov signed after acquiring his rights today. I know they can't afford him without moving someone, but after what happened to Nabokov after the Flyers traded for his rights last summer, I'm not sure that Bryzgalov will want to price himself out.

I''m spent. It's been a long and wonderful night. Although I was alive when the Bruins won in '70 and '72, I was kind of preoccupied with other things. I'm glad I've lived long enough to experience this and 2 World Series wins in my life time. I can die a happy sports fan now. Everything else will just be gravy.

Doc.

I''m spent. It's been a long and wonderful night. Although I was alive when the Bruins won in '70 and '72, I was kind of preoccupied with other things. I'm glad I've lived long enough to experience this and 2 World Series wins in my life time. I can die a happy sports fan now. Everything else will just be gravy.

Doc.

Congrats to the Bruins there Hank, I too remember the Bruins back then with Booby Orr, Johnny Bucyk, Phil Esposito, Wayne Cashman, Gerry Cheevers, etc. Celebrate the Stanley Cup Championship as who knows when they'll get another........ :D :thumbs: :p

Congrats, Doc and all Bruins fans on CP. Most of all, congrats to Tim Thomas. It was just great to see him skate the Conn Smythe trophy and the Stanley Cup. Vezina next?

:thumbs:

Congrats to the Bruins and their fans! Showed a ton of heart and grit dealing with three game sevens en-route to the Championship. Regardless of who won, Thomas deserved the Conn Smythe. What a season!

My call on this series was clearly wrong! Pretty much think the scene of Marchand giving D. Sedin the business summed up the whole series. Lots of pressure from the Bruins and nothing from the Canucks. Luongo was just awful! Let in a lot of softies, but he was just part of a bigger problem. They played with no heart, IMO.

I think you're right. The Marchand, aka the Rat, / Sedin incident sums it all up. Everyone knows the Sedins don't fight and not one Canuck plalyer came to his aid. The Rat punched him in the face 5 times, at least. That team has a problem and you have to lay it at the coach's feet. I'd fire the SOB.

Doc.