• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Holidays are just around the corner........

Dogfish and Southern Tier are the two best out there, imo, and both very different.

Agreed. If Minneapolis Town Hall's was widely available, I'm quite sure that would make people's list as well. It is also unique to the aforementioned.

Pumpkin beers are for women...and men with small hardware. Real beer drinkers know that the holidays mean another release of "The Abyss" This is a heavenly brew that end up at 11% and is the s#!t that beer was meant to be. Don't take my word for it.

Incredible barrel aged stout. It was everything I was expecting and more. Bold, rich and textural. Surprisingly easy to drink with a near perfect balance. Every aroma and flavor is flawlessly layered. This is a must try for barrel aged stout lovers. I know I will seek it out again and again.

Hell yes, I'll stand in line for my case on release day here in PDX....its tradition around here.

You boys enjoy your pumpkin beer.....more of The Abyss for me...... ;)

Had the opportunity Fri night to try the Heavy Seas Imperial Pumpkin ale (barrel aged) and it was flipping amazing! Tried a great deal of beers that night (Beervana Fest) and this one stuck out in my top 5.

Also had Breckenridge vanilla porter. Holy crap was it good.

Pumpkin beers are for women...and men with small hardware. Real beer drinkers know that the holidays mean another release of "The Abyss" This is a heavenly brew that end up at 11% and is the s#!t that beer was meant to be. Don't take my word for it.

Incredible barrel aged stout. It was everything I was expecting and more. Bold, rich and textural. Surprisingly easy to drink with a near perfect balance. Every aroma and flavor is flawlessly layered. This is a must try for barrel aged stout lovers. I know I will seek it out again and again.

Hell yes, I'll stand in line for my case on release day here in PDX....its tradition around here.

You boys enjoy your pumpkin beer.....more of The Abyss for me...... ;)

I must've missed the meeting where they said people could only like one style or the other.

Speaking of Pumpkin Ale. Just last week I went to http://www.bristolbrewing.com/ to pre-order my max of 6 22oz bombers of Venetucci Pumpkin Ale. I adore this brew and chase it every year.

"We propose a toast to Nick and Bambi Venetucci. Over the six decades that they ran their family farm, they gave away literally millions of pumpkins to school children all across the Springs. Just before he died, Nick made plans to donate the farm to the Pikes Peak Community Foundation, that it might be preserved forever as a rich community resource. And, yes, so that hundreds of children wouldn't go empty-handed each fall. The Venetuccis taught us to give back. That's why 100% of the profits from this beer will go to support their farm. So enjoy this subtly spiced, malty treat. And here's to Nick and Bambi, and the great legacy of generosity."

http://youtu.be/oNplpKUOWE0 <- here is a youtube link of a local news broadcast about Venetucci Farms and the wonderful beer itself. I tip my hat to Bristol and their tradition of giving back to the community.

If any of my fellow BOTL would like to sample a bottle, I'd be more than happy to share 2 of the 6 bottles and/or chase down more from the local liquor stores.

Jason

Venetucci_Pumpkin_for_web.jpg

I understand Abyss should get down to us around Thanksgiving and I'm looking forward to scuffling for a case...

Dog Fish Head Pumpkin is excellent. You can taste the pumpkin, brown sugar, cinnamon and even the crust! :D It's definitely full of flavor. I also picked up some Shipyard which I hear is excellent.

Rod
PS - I'm proud of my small hardware. :D

I'm going to see if I can pick up some Abyss this week. Looks like they got great scores.

I'm going to see if I can pick up some Abyss this week. Looks like they got great scores.
If I can score multiple cases of The Abyss, I have no issues sharing the love with CP members. Can't promise, won't know until it happens, but if it does....I'll buy every frikkin' bottle I can and we can go from there. I can be bribed..... :p

i can usually buy as much Abyss as I could care to around here too. Been scared off a bit since the batch that soured a few years back though.

Retailers were farming out Stoic at 1 per customer, I'm hoping I don't have to deal with that nonsense with Abyss. Or maybe I just need to find another retailer ???

I remember seeing cases of Abyss at a Bevmo when I just started getting into craft beer. That was at least a couple years ago. I haven't seen one single bottle around these parts since :( . I may be reaching out to you guys for a few bottles. Let me check around.

Retailers were farming out Stoic at 1 per customer, I'm hoping I don't have to deal with that nonsense with Abyss. Or maybe I just need to find another retailer ???

I'd say a new retailer. No limits on anything from Deschuttes around here, and it even shows up at a couple random grocery stores.

PAI have liked every pumpkin brew I've ttasted (bluemoon, buffaloe bill, dogfish, sam adams.....and even saint arnolds Pumpkinator) and each had its own great flavor (pumpkinator was the best, but at 11%, and 9$ each bomber, it was well worth scowering the earth for for 8 bottles). I would def like to swap for an abyss or VPA if anyone is interested.......I love this time of the year......hopefully my own pumpkin brew can compete with these brews.....

Just picked up soe christmas ale......crazy.....oh well....in it goes with my closet of sttashed beer....lol

I had a Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin last night that was just so-so. It's too bad we don't get Dogfish Head here in Missouri....

Heck I could still get last years Abyss at the Whole Foods around here as well as Firestone 14 and some of the other limited releases. They where running a 30% off beer sale last week so not sure whats left now.

Was talking about pumpkin beer with some guys at work so i decided to pick some up on the way home. Store only had shock top. Picked it up anyway. Had zero flavor, not really surprised though. They don't sell the abyss down here in Florida, whats the big deal about it?