• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

HOLY CRAP!

WellI got it home yesterday will a little help from a co-worker. It was a real pain in the ass getting it up a flight of stairs too! I ended up haing to go to Lowes for some things to get it back to working condition (Total: $19.00) I tore off all the old rubber weatherstriping and but on a new layer for a nice tight seal. With the old rubber one, a dolar would fall straight out of it!

gallery_8234_842_473112.jpg

gallery_8234_842_1070978.jpg

Now it has a great seal. I had to put some on the hinges (after I took those pictures) because I could see straight though them with the door shut. This is the Johnson Control Thermostat thats behind the top shelf. The wires run down the back of the cabinet and into the outlet inside the bottom cabinet, but I have no idea what it was supposed to do.

gallery_8234_842_552445.jpg

And here she is all fixed up, and seasoning! All the drawers are singles drawers at the moment with removable dividers. I'm going to leave the top 2 as is, and redo the bottom two so they will be flat for box storage. I want to keep all the original hardware and the front facades, so i'm just going to modify them a little bit. All the drawers slide out as well on roller tracks. Hopefully in a week or two, this thing will be ready to load up!!
gallery_8234_842_655074.jpg

(Total cost: $69.00) :thumbs:

That thing looks great! What a find!

Is it old/antique?

Congrats!

I have no idea. I have never seen one like this, with all the name plates and stuff. Maybe someone can help identify it.

Here's what I'm doing to season it guys see if sounds like a good idea. I ramped up the Moiste n Aire to 80% and let it run. After a week or two it should shut off (I hope!) then turn it down to 65 or 70%, wait for it to cut back on again, then fill er up. Does that sound like I'm on the right path guys?

I don't know why that wouldn't work. Seems like a fine way to season it to me.

Would taking it up to 80% be too much? I guess as long as it settles down to 65/70 over a week or so it would be ok.

Well when I picked it up the other day, it was sitting outside in damn near 100% humidity for about a day and a half. With the bad seal that was on the door I figured some of it had already gotten in it. I figured with that much humidity outside, seasoning at 80% wouldn't be to much of a strain on it. I turned it down to 65% just a little while ago just to see what it would do, it would cut on for 5 minutes, and cut off for 4 minutes.I'm going to leave it on 80 for another day or so and see what happens. The hygros are reading 62% on top, and 73% on the bottom at the moment.

Nice cabinet Q.

As long as you have your hygrometer in the unit ,and it has been calibrated , I would set the Moiste-n-Aire Unit to 70 and give the unit time to season.

Do Moiste-n-Aire units have a filter ? If so, replace it!

Nice cabinet Q.

As long as you have your hygrometer in the unit ,and it has been calibrated , I would set the Moiste-n-Aire Unit to 70 and give the unit time to season.

Do Moiste-n-Aire units have a filter ? If so, replace it!

Yeah I have 2 of them in there. Digital from my desktop, and the digital from my cooler. The Mostie n Aire doesnt have a filter. You just pour water in the trough, and the vapor exits through all the holes in the through and top, aided by the fan that sits above the water. I did clean it out really well before I put it in there, as there was gunk in the bottom and on the cork that the water level thingy floats on.

Does the manufacturer sell replacement parts for the cork thingy? Anything porous that showed possible previous contamination would be a concern for me.

Been a while since we chatted Q; that is a sweet looking locker. Would like to find that myself. Heck, you work hard (so says Souldog), so sometimes ya gotta treat yourself.

Biggest thing, enjoy it.

That is one amazing score, bro. Would love to know how the seasoning process works for you.

Here's to many years of cigar storage happiness!

Does the manufacturer sell replacement parts for the cork thingy? Anything porous that showed possible previous contamination would be a concern for me.

I don't know if they do but all it is is an over sized wine cork. I'm sure just drilling a hole in a champagne cork and putting it on the stick would work just as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I figured out what the Johnson Controls thermostat does just now. It turns the Moiste N Aire on and off! So when the top of the cabinet reaches 65 to 70% it cuts it off. I don't know how because the thermostat is wired directly into the plug in outlet at the bottom of the cabinet, but it works! Glad I decided to start messing wit it cause that thing was been bugging the crap out of me since I got it!

What do you guys reckon is the cubic feet and/or cigar /box capacity of this thing? It's kinda hard to tell by this picture.
Length x width x height divided by 1728 (all in inches) will tell you the cubic feet. I'm guessing 5 to 8 cf. Awesome score.

Well the Moist-n-Aire starting cycling on and off around 65% a little while ago so I figured I would go ahead and fill er up! Here she is! Sorry my iPhone takes bad pictures.
gallery_8234_842_700119.jpg

I used the 1/4 lbs baggies of beads that I had in my coolerdor (1 on each shelf) to help stabilize it a little. I figured it couldn't hurt at any rate. Since It's gonna be a while before I get the shelves fixed I figure I would put the sticks in sections because the slants in the shelves and the center beam on each shelf I can't put boxes on it.
gallery_8234_842_347360.jpg

I have about 30 more of those dividers and the plastic things that attach them to the shelves and with the shelves being SO DEEP there is no telling how many boxes worth of cigars I could put in there like it is!
gallery_8234_842_99767.jpg

All in all I'm happy as hell spending $69.00 on this!

:0 WOW! is all i can think of to say. What a great snag, and for the price, you can't beat it. Very nice and congrats on what should be a great humidor.

Nice score! How come Cops always get the best deals? I should have continued with my CHP program :laugh:

That is indeed one helluva nice setup, and all for a killer price to boot. Congrats on the find!

Whoa... gotta love the list!

nice find... I'd love to come across something like that.