• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Holy hand grenades, we just sold our house...!

BlindedByScience

Proud Father of a Kearney, NE LEO
Staff member
Got through the inspection in flying colors so it's official - we're homeless....:p We have to be out on the 12th of August...!!! Won't be homeless for long, thought....we have a lot and plans and a builder that's raring to go, so four to six months from now, we'll have a brand new house that will have a SMOKING ROOM for me...!!! Yeah, baby....!!

Our neighbors to the south have a bottom floor that's a future "mom-in-law" apartment, and today they asked my wife if she and I would consider staying with them while the new house is being built. I want to talk to them eye to eye first, but wow, what a gracious thing to do, and what a blessing. Couldn't be much easier for us, to be sure. Bert (my neighbor) and I already smoke together as often as we can, and the wives are the best of friends. So...given the fact that there is a very finite end date, I think this will be pretty cool, actually.

Wow....eleventeen million things to do now. Wish me luck.......:0

First off, congratulations.

Second...be very careful. Good fences make good neighbors. It might be an offer that is too good to pass up though.

Congratulations BBS. It is a relief when the deal is finally done, isn't it? Best of luck with the construction of the new house. I look forward to seeing photos of that smoking room!

Congrats on the sale of your house and the construction of your new home - BBS. A smoking room...I'm jealous.

Congrat's Tom!

Would love for you to share the progress of the build as it comes along. Always looking for ideas for when we build our home in about two more years.

Congrats Tom! You'll need to update me before the buy comes in. Don't want to send any goodies to folks I don't know :p

WOO HOO! COngrats Tom! So Bert wants you to live with him? That's really really cool of him. You got a good neighbor there, brother. COngrats again and look forward to checking it out once it's done!

Congrats! We are about to build a house as well and I'll be putting a office/smoke room. How are you planning on venting/heating/cooling the room? I've been researching this for a while and am not sure yet how to do it.

First off, congratulations.

Second...be very careful. Good fences make good neighbors. It might be an offer that is too good to pass up though.
....oh, I completely hear what you are saying. Eyes wide open here....but, honestly, it really is an offer that's too good to pass up.

I gave this a lot of thought, but given the circumstances (a very finite end date) I think it will be fine. I'll tell you this - Bert's cigar collection just took a serious step up.....:laugh:

Congrat's Tom!

Would love for you to share the progress of the build as it comes along. Always looking for ideas for when we build our home in about two more years.
Count on it...!! I'm going to take photos from dirt to move in. Glad to share with you and offer any observations we have. Better yet, once it's done, get on a plane and come out for a visit..!!

Congrats Tom! You'll need to update me before the buy comes in. Don't want to send any goodies to folks I don't know :p
No worries there, Ray..!! I'll be in touch. The folks that bought our house got a good enough deal, don't need to ply them with great beverages.....:laugh:

Congrats! We are about to build a house as well and I'll be putting a office/smoke room. How are you planning on venting/heating/cooling the room? I've been researching this for a while and am not sure yet how to do it.
HVAC will be pretty standard; forced air gas, with an air conditioner (most likely). Smoking room will have hardwood floors, a threshold on the door, no HVAC air returns, HVAC vents that will close, and a push / pull fan on the window.....and an ozone generator to run after a smoking session. Should do it, from what my research shows.

The terror is slowly subsiding, and I'm starting to get excited about the project.

Thanks, guys - !!!

Congrats Tom on an exciting time you're having! I can just hear those gears turning in your head
laugh.gif

BTW, if you're going to be living near to the house you just sold, how far is the new lot/house from you now?

Congrats Tom! Building can be a pain in the ass, but it will be worth it once completed and you have your smoking rooom.

Ken

Nice! I live in a crowded building, so usually I have to go elsewhre to smoke. Being able to smoke in my home would be a dream ... :love: I envy you.

Congrats Tom on an exciting time you're having! I can just hear those gears turning in your head :laugh:

BTW, if you're going to be living near to the house you just sold, how far is the new lot/house from you now?
Already have a lot and a builder and plans all drawn up. New house is about five miles, as the crow flies, from our current house.

Pretty upscale for little old me. Have to park my beat to s#!t old Chevy S-10 out front to stay calibrated.....:laugh: