• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Home Beer Brewing System

Lil_mac14

Hey everyone, happy friday!

So I'm not 100% sure that this hasn't been posted here before, but I was browsing some of my design websites this morning and stumbled upon this home brewing system that this company in Oregon makes. I for one no nothing about home brewing, or brewing beer in general, and have no idea if this is decent equipment or not. But I figured I'd post it here for you guys to check out.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/65864235/home-beer-brewing-system-15-gallon

I'm only 20, turning 21 this summer, and I think it would be interesting to look into home brewing and craft beers once I'm legal. Maybe this would be a easy start?

_craig_

While I plan to start, I'm no homebrewer, but that is a pretty solid setup. Whether or not it is right for a beginner....I would say maybe not. There are some guys on here that can give you some clues into piecing together your own setup, for MUCH less money than what you linked to. I mean, that system is pretty, organized and functional, but for the money, you can get away with something more basic and use the cash to start testing more ingredients. Good luck!

While I plan to start, I'm no homebrewer, but that is a pretty solid setup. Whether or not it is right for a beginner....I would say maybe not. There are some guys on here that can give you some clues into piecing together your own setup, for MUCH less money than what you linked to. I mean, that system is pretty, organized and functional, but for the money, you can get away with something more basic and use the cash to start testing more ingredients. Good luck!

Yeah, I figured that much. I'm in no financial position to drop almost $2000 on this type of hobby. But for a homebrewer looking to become a little more professional, this seems like a solid start. I love new designs and products, and after finding something so relevant to the forums, I figured why not post it to see what people think. If I do end up getting into this hobby, I'm sure the BOTL's here would be more than helpful.

_craig_

Edit: I can't spell :cool:

Unless there is a HERMS or RIMs setup in there somewhere that I'm missing, the kettle for a mash tun would be pretty worthless. The rest of the system is pretty sweet, though for the money you could do much better.