• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Home Burglarized...

Very sorry to read this Marco. Here's to the time when you and Abbie feel safe again.

Tough times on a couple of the boards I frequent... :(

Sorry to hear it Marco, hang in there. Hopefully the insurance company will take good care of you.

Damn, that really sucks.
Two BOTL burglarized in one week.

I'm glad to hear that no one was hurt.
As others have said material thing can be replaced.

What really hurts is the sense of violation that comes with a crime of this type.

Sounds like maybe someone that knew you. I mean... taking HTF Opus? Come on... why didn't they take the whole humidor? Start watching ebay for a sale on those sticks.

I couldn't agree more. How many thieves know the difference between an Opus and a CI Legend? Keep an eye on the jewelry. They will try to pawn it. See what your laws are concerning pawn shops and jewelry. If your wife has any sort of record on that stuff, you could nab them there.

Sorry dude. For real.

wow, you and Alan, what the hell!

Hopefully you have insurance that will cover your loses.

I do not understand how people think it is ok to do something like that. Frickin scum, homeowners should just start shooting people who come in unauthorized, maybe these dirt bags will start thinking twice.

Hang in there...

That sucks Marco, glad to hear no one was hurt though.

This is an alarming trend having 2 members houses robbed in as many days.

Fish

I don't think the thieves knew anything about particular cigars, he said that all his cigars from his top drawer were missing, which included many HTF sticks.

That really sucks, I hope there can be some sort of justice.

And be sure you're using Casa pricing when you put the values on all that was taken.

OMG, sorry for what happened. I'm glad no one was hurt. Definitely be careful if the robber decides to come back for more.

Thanks for the replies...

What really sucks is we just moved into the house less than a month and I didn't get renter's insurance yet! Who'd of thought...well lesson learned.

As far as the cigars, Gonz is correct. They stole everything from the top draw. Seems more like a petty thief, didn't touch any full boxes underneath. The smokes on the top drawer were loose sticks. Some aged cubans from 1959 and such. Oh well...life goes on. I'll just never get to taste some of the HTFs ...

I doubt very much they'll show up on ebay, but I'll check it out. I'll keep an eye out on craigslist. Since this is such a transient town, I'm sure they'll be looking to unload quick.

I need a cigar....and a stiff drink.

Sorry to hear it Bro! Best wishes and thoughts for you and yours!

Also, never underestimate checking with local pawn shops. Although there are about a million in Vegas, checking with a few in your area and alerting others as to the items that might show up might help. A buddy of mine had a drumset stolen out of the back of his van, the next morning he called local pawn shops, and while on the phone with one of them the thief actually walked in the door trying to close the deal on the drums!

Two brothers, within a short time? Man that is not good.

Hope someone gets caught, interogated, and you get you stuff back.

Watch flea bay and the local shops. Never know.

I'm really sorry that happened brother, LilBastage just had a similar experience. If you need anything, let me know. I know how tough it is saving for a wedding too....

Like I told LilBastage, and like everyone has been saying, motion detection lights, longer screws on the doors, and yes, Tvs being left on are good...

My girlfriend had her house broken into recently, police pretty much said the exact same thing. It's been rampant in her area, and she lives in a good neck of the woods too.
Sucks being afraid in your own home. Just be happy no one was there to get hurt.

I am so sorry to hear this. :( Our thoughts are with you and the fiance. It sounds trite, but I really do know what your going through. I don't know what the hell is happening to the world we live in, but I'm not real happy about it right now.

If you need anything at all (even just a sounding board) shoot me a PM.

This really stinks. :(

Marco, sorry to hear this. Vegas is a rough town, even when I lived there. Once had a scumbag try to rip me off DURING a party at my place, takes b*lls! PM what part of town you live in & I'll see what my sources might be able to turn up. BTW - I'll be out there in a few weeks so maybe we can do some huntin'! :0 :angry: :angry: :whistling: :cool: :laugh:

Sorry to hear about this brother. Hope you never, ever have to go through this again. :(