• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Home Office Chair

Lkyman

Sobrrrrrr
I've been researching for a home office chair, and thought I should look for "expert" advise from my fellow BOTL's. I need good lower back support, as I went through lower spine surgery. I have been looking at the Herman Miller chairs, and like the color options(as a black chair in the home office does not work for the misses). Any suggestions are greatly appreciates.

Thanks Fellas - and Ladies

No question they are a ton of money, but my next office chair will be a Herman Miller Aeron.  Just seems head and shoulders above anything else.  If there's something close for less money, I haven't found it yet.

They are a top of the line chair no doubt. I sat in one for over a year and loved it in the beginning and liked it less over time. Not that it was a bad chair, it just had issues with me. I am a big guy and the mesh seating did not provide the support required to keep me comfortable. Just something to consider. On the flip side 8 out of 10 people in the office loved the chairs. The ones who didn't had the same issue as me or were not smart enough to properly adjust the chair. 

The Herman Miller chair I lust after is the Eames Low Pad Executive, but ye gods is it ever expensive!  ???

There's an Italian importer who offers it made to original specs for a lot less, but theirs is probably made in Bangladesh or something.  And Miller offers a HUGE range of leather and fabric choices for theirs.

0015950_herman-miller-eames-soft-pad-executive-chair_300.jpeg

Reading the literature, it seems one of the biggest issues with the Aeron is that people don't get the right frame size, nor explore the right options for their needs.  There are more options on them than a new car....;-)

I have an Aeron.  It's pricey for sure but I figured it will probably last as long as two or three office chairs so it'll end up averaging out over the years.  Plus it's very adjustable.

ETA: Plus I believe you can order replacement parts for it.  So if you need to replace the pedestal after 5 years, or whatever, order the part and the chair will last that much longer.

I didn't know what kind of chair this was and a google search turned up a "Whoa, those are big bucks!" I would love to have one in my house to try out. Usually, when our computer chair needs a replacement, I buy a comfy leather chair that promotes sleeping when leaning back.  :laugh: Power naps are great! 

Thanks for all the info. I think I have narrowed it down to two chairs, both from Miller. The aeron and the mirra with all the features are both right under 900, so off to my eBay auctions to see what sells this week.

We sell office furniture.  Give me a bit this morning to talk to the Manager of that department.

Pulled the trigger after researching a lot of chairs, and went with a Herman Miller Aeron - loaded with the White Gold Pellicle. Got a great deal and full factory warranty from an authorized dealer. Thanks for all the input and feedback given.