• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hopefully I learned a lesson

thatsonofa

So we are grilling out last night at a friends house. We are eating, drinking and enjoying some smokes. Great day and great times with great friends. We are still outside after nightfall smoking and having a good time.

Now as a side note: I am semi-OCD when it comes to touching up my cigar.

So I pull out my single flame butane lighter. It is designed so that the ignition button is on the side, and as I quickly found out, is hard to tell if its upside down in the dark. I found this out because I click the button I hear something burning but I see no flames on my cigar. After about 2 seconds I start to feel the heat on my hand and realize that I am torching my little finger. It was so hot that I never felt any pain at all. It looked pretty bad last night and I havnt taken the bandage off yet today to look at it.

Lesson learned.... i think....

So we are grilling out last night at a friends house. We are eating, drinking and enjoying some smokes. Great day and great times with great friends. We are still outside after nightfall smoking and having a good time.

So I pull out my single flame butane lighter. It is designed so that the ignition button is on the side, and as I quickly found out, is hard to tell if its upside down in the dark. I found this out because I click the button I hear something burning but I see no flames on my cigar. After about 2 seconds I start to feel the heat on my hand and realize that I am torching my little finger. It was so hot that I never felt any pain at all. It looked pretty bad last night and I havnt taken the bandage off yet today to look at it.

Don't feel like the lone ranger and NO, details will not follow!

boyleyf.jpg

Had a very similar experience at camp this weekend. My buddies are non-cigar smokers, but this weekend that kinda changed. One guy borrowed my torch to light the cigar I gave him. I heard the whoosh as the lighter ignited, which was quickly followed by this loud cry of pain. He tried to cup the flame like he does with his BIC.

Fortunately there wasn't that much alcohol in his system at the time and he was able to pull his hand away before there was too much searing. He held on to the lighter, too.

Thankfully, my Colibri has a safety feature that prevents ignition if it's upside-down, or I'd be in the same boat.

hope it's not too bad, burns are not fun at all!

Dennis~