• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

House Blends

....I decided to appeal to the masses, so I went with some "lighter" blends.....
Given the popularity of the full bodied Pepin blends as of late, I wonder if this was the best possible choice.....:whistling:

....I decided to appeal to the masses, so I went with some "lighter" blends.....
Given the popularity of the full bodied Pepin blends as of late, I wonder if this was the best possible choice.....:whistling:

I was thinking along the same lines. It's not often I see someone reach for a mild cigar, unless of course it is for a morning smoke.

The masses for me, here in my store, generally go for the medium range. I cannot possibly know the exact percentages, but as a whole, medium seems to be the choice of strength. I put lighter in quotations because the strength of a cigar is all relative. What is light to me might be strong to someone else and visa versa. These blends, however, do have alot of flavor. So although they are not full strength/body, they are fuller in flavor I believe.

I'll keep the updates coming as I know more information...

Cigars will arrive in Miami on Wednesday. I'll receive them next week Tuesday. Took a little longer with Holiday's and quality control.

We'll keep you guys updated.

Well after a very unfortunate delay by the manufacturer, the cigars are finally in the states from Nicaragua. The will ship out to me tomorrow (Thursday) and I should receive them by Monday.

Those 10 members here that signed up first for the samples will get an email by me soon.

Thanks Again.

Any updates? I'm sure you're busy, Just wondering! :thumbs:

All Packages should have been delivered by now; I checked tracking and 9 of 10 have been confirmed delivered. The one package sent to Canada does not have any updated information beyond the US checkpoints.

Just wanted to update the board on our progress..

Regards,

Jimmy Z.
R & J Cigars
JSR Cigar Distributors, LLC
2803 Business Center Drive, Suite 137
Pearland, Texas - 77584

713-340-1488 (Retail)
713-340-2428 (Wholesale)

All Packages should have been delivered by now; I checked tracking and 9 of 10 have been confirmed delivered. The one package sent to Canada does not have any updated information beyond the US checkpoints.

Just wanted to update the board on our progress..

Regards,

Jimmy Z.
R & J Cigars
JSR Cigar Distributors, LLC
2803 Business Center Drive, Suite 137
Pearland, Texas - 77584

713-340-1488 (Retail)
713-340-2428 (Wholesale)

Received mine last week Jimmy, let em' rest for a few days so they burn correctly. I'll probably start with one of the larger ringed ones as it caught my eye right away....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

The masses for me, here in my store, generally go for the medium range. I cannot possibly know the exact percentages, but as a whole, medium seems to be the choice of strength. I put lighter in quotations because the strength of a cigar is all relative. What is light to me might be strong to someone else and visa versa. These blends, however, do have alot of flavor. So although they are not full strength/body, they are fuller in flavor I believe.

From what I understand, this is actually very true. Milder smokes are still the highest volume in sales. I found it hard to believe, but I have gotten that from several knowledgeable insiders. Especially with all the fat, ligero laced, Monsters being introduced so frequently. (I wanted to open a cigar store for years, and had done quite a bit of research).

I am a smoker first, hobbyist second. While I love med to full and full cigars, I mostly smoke in the middle of the spectrum for several reasons. One being that smoking real heavy cigars all the time does a number on my palate, making it more difficult to taste what I'm smoking. I can also pick up a med cigar, and typically get more flavor from them, and do not have to worry if I ate or not.

The new Blends sound appealing. I absolutely love Brazilian Tobacco, with Mata Fina being my favorite of the country.
Do you distribute Dona Flor, Jimmy?

From what I understand, this is actually very true. Milder smokes are still the highest volume in sales. I found it hard to believe, but I have gotten that from several knowledgeable insiders. Especially with all the fat, ligero laced, Monsters being introduced so frequently. (I wanted to open a cigar store for years, and had done quite a bit of research).

I am a smoker first, hobbyist second. While I love med to full and full cigars, I mostly smoke in the middle of the spectrum for several reasons. One being that smoking real heavy cigars all the time does a number on my palate, making it more difficult to taste what I'm smoking. I can also pick up a med cigar, and typically get more flavor from them, and do not have to worry if I ate or not.

The new Blends sound appealing. I absolutely love Brazilian Tobacco, with Mata Fina being my favorite of the country.

Do you distribute Dona Flor, Jimmy?

Unfortunately, it seems we are not sampling the intended blends :( Jimmy explained to us with the mailing that there was some sort of mix up with the distributor and the blends got messed up. Its a shame cause they did sound very good.

I'm curious, Jimmy, if we will get to actually sample the orignal intended blends when they do come in?

Thanks again for the opportunity.

edit- wording.

Bluee,

The company has sent out new samples, some of which are supposed to be really similar to the original blends. I am not sure why they couldn't just produce the blend that we chose to begin with, but atleast they are working on getting their act together.

To answer your question, yes the 10 guys that offered to take my samples this time around will also get the opportunity to try any new blends in the future. We actually have something really really big in the works, with a different company which is guaranteed to produce an exceptional product. I cannot release details because of potential trademarks that we may apply for, but I can say, that I am quite excited to work with this other company.

Stay tuned fellas...