• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How bout them gas prices

I can't wait until gas prices go up tp $4 & $5 a gallon here. It's going to be interesting to see how much auto dealers are going to discount the big V6 & V8 SUV's and mini-vans when gasoline prices reach $5 a gallon. I can't wait! :p

Couldn't agree more my suburban has been sitting in my garage for several months now, i run it about once aweek to keep things lubed up. I drive a 96 sentra, teal, to work everyday. I am not very vain either, it was the girls car until she bought a focus. The burban has a 44 gal tank. Yea thats right it is about $130 to fill it up right now. Go sentra!!!! :thumbs:

Gas has actually gone down here in Springfield. Its around $2.62 a gallon instead of $2.79 last week.

That's still an assload for those who remember sub-$1.00 gasoline :)

Gas actually hit 10X the lowest I had ever paid when it got to $2.99. During a gas war, way back when I first started driving, the price went down to 29.9 for a few days at 2 stations near me. It went back to 34.9 by the end of the week.

My Lexus gets 30mpg on average, so I am lucky. It is a pretty nice ride for that kind of mileage.

But you know, the last few times I went to the gas station, every pump had a car at it, and sometimes there were lines! It seems like we are using more gas, not less. Until we ease up on demand a little, prices are going to keep getting higher. And this business with Iran, et. al., is not helping matters any.

JK

The gas station at the corner when I filled up my Yukon last night was at $2.94 and it ran me about $92 to top off.

My oldest daughter on her way home from school every day sees the gas prices and reports in when she comes through the door.

"DAD!!! Gas is $3.12"

18 cent jump overnight :angry: :angry:

My 99 Pathfinder is disappointing me every week. My gas mileage is less than 20mpg hwy, I don't even want to calculate city. This is just sad. Gas at almost $3.50 a gallon is not fun.

Gas dropped here to $2.49 yesterday. I am filling before it jumps up .30 tomorrow. As long as it doesn't rain, I ride the FatBoy - about 50MPG. But it has been raining way too much lately and the truck only gets about 12MPG.

Forget selling my truck, an 04 Silverado 5.3 with 295 horse. I just couldn't part with her, so i talked my wife into moving. Know i'm only 3 minutes from my store instead of 45 and saving about $80.00 a week in gas.

Al

I finally got rid of my gas-guzzling Ford Explorer a few weeks ago. I drive about 20,000 miles a year, so as much as I loved it, it was killing my wallet. I have two large dogs, a lab and a rottweiler, so I needed something they would fit in. Settled on a Subaru Forester LL Bean edition and I am pretty happy. I get double the gas mileage and it drives as well as a car. very nice sunroof and AWD.

Its varies from about 2.65-2.59 between Maryville (north-west Missouri) and Kansas City...

Motorcycle when it's warm....Magnum when is't cold!
Now I have to figure out how to get the golf clubs on the bike!

But you know, the last few times I went to the gas station, every pump had a car at it, and sometimes there were lines! It seems like we are using more gas, not less.

it might be due to people like me, who fill up twice as much....

not twice the gas, mind you..

i end up only filling half a tank alot of the time depending on how much i have in my wallet.

when it was cheaper, i would almost always fill up.

but i don't always have $30-40 in my pocket, so i only put in what i have...

just my two .02

News Alert! Gasoline prices are heading up once again. I just heard this on the news. They say that prices will go up to $4 a gallon or close to it.

The gas prices suck.....no doubt. But it could be worse I guess.

I don't get the complaints about gas prices. Gas in Canada is, on average, about $4 USD a gallon. Gas in the UK is on average about $8 USD a gallon. Don't even ask about Iceland... fact is we have some of the lowest gas prices in the world here.

Your right... I live in Canada and I spend about $40 per week on gas, roughly 400km per week of driving. Even if prices rise another 25% that only costs me $500 extra dollars a year. I think consumers are very sensitive to gas prices because they stare them in the face on a daily basis.

Gas prices currently where I live work out to roughly $3.10/gallon US or about 90c per liter CDN

(90c * 3.78) / 1.10 for US/CAD exchange.

Also, the gas in Canada gets me anywhere from 10-15% better mileage ... I'm not sure what you Americans put in your gas but everytime I'm in the US my mileage really sucks bad.

I think it would become a problem if gas price went up to $8-10 per gallon