• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How do you light your cigar?

How do you light your cigar?

• Butane lighter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matches

• Off the stove burner

• Some other way

• Total voters
For those who are thinking about buying a butane lighter in the near future, this is a great deal on a great lighter. :thumbs:

accessory-31-full.jpeg

Price: $22.00 - 15% off ( Current Weekly Special)= $18.70 Shipped

(* Iincludes free shipping from Hong Kong! )

Delivery time: 5 Days
Four colors available: black, red, transparent and yellow( as pictured)

Prince PB 207: Made by Yoshinaga Prince Lmtd., the Japanese company that imports the Blazer brand version PB-207 into the United States.

Available here: NextCigars.com

Colibri with a built-in punch or Blazer to light up my stogies. :)

coventrycat86 said:
Wascal said:
coventrycat86 said:
Zippo.

I hate butane lighters :angry:
It's just the resistance to change all Republicans have CC. Someday you'll have to face the future. :p :sign:
:D Ya got me figured out that's for sure ;)

Actually, knowing that I'm too irresponsible to own a nice lighter, I resist the temptation. I know that if I spent big $$$ on a lighter, I'd lose it within the week. Now of course all those $5.00 Zippos I pick up at tag sales NEVER get lost but again, the minute I buy a "nice" lighter, it'll be gone.

I also have never noticed any ill effects from the lighter fluid (Ronson or Zippo) that has come up many times before. Maybe my sense of taste is shot but I'd challenge anyone to see if they REALLY could tell that someone lit their cigar with a Zippo ;)
We are WAY too much alike Bill.

First of all, I lost SO many pairs of sunglasses when they were the cheapie kind, but then once I moved up to RayBan's and there was a little more money envolved I actually did better rather then worse. Once they were worth keeping track of.... I did. I haven't lost a pair of sunglasses for more then just a couple of days for ages now. :thumbs:

I too can be somewhat slightly resistant to change. Be it computer operating systems or about anything else you can think of. I started on butane though so no matter how much I love my zippo, I just can't seem to change over to it. I'm certain I can taste the difference, and it doesn't seem to be just for a couple puffs either I'm afraid.

I would like to use a zippo though, I have a couple I love but just have never used. I have seen others mention in the past about a butane that is similar to a zippo and can even be taken out and inserted into a zippo body. I'm sure I could do some detective work and search for it, but would anyone just happen to know off the top of there head the lighter I'm talking about and a place where they can be found??

coventrycat86 said:
Wascal said:
coventrycat86 said:
Zippo.

I hate butane lighters :angry:
It's just the resistance to change all Republicans have CC. Someday you'll have to face the future. :p :sign:
:D Ya got me figured out that's for sure ;)

Actually, knowing that I'm too irresponsible to own a nice lighter, I resist the temptation. I know that if I spent big $$$ on a lighter, I'd lose it within the week. Now of course all those $5.00 Zippos I pick up at tag sales NEVER get lost but again, the minute I buy a "nice" lighter, it'll be gone.

I also have never noticed any ill effects from the lighter fluid (Ronson or Zippo) that has come up many times before. Maybe my sense of taste is shot but I'd challenge anyone to see if they REALLY could tell that someone lit their cigar with a Zippo ;)
Those Zippos lighters stay with you forever, Cat, because no one will swipe it from ya'. I have the same problem. Cheapo lighters can always be found where you last left it, be it on the toilet paper dispenser when you surreptitiously lit up that cigarrillo, the coffee table at your friend's friend's party where you drank yourself blind, or on the wall outside your house where your forgot it last weekend. A nice lighter? Pshaww, your friend will pocket it after you lend it to him for a light. :sign:

Courtesy of Psyktek (sp?), I think this post is what you are looking for Gibuhere

:D

I'm certain I can taste the difference, and it doesn't seem to be just for a couple puffs either I'm afraid.

Okay, 1000 pardons please :D

I guess just 'cause my tastebuds are shot doesn't mean everyone else's are as well :p

I like to leave a Zippo in each one of my cars, my jacket pocket one in the basement, etc. Now granted, the fuel will evaporate rather quickly but I just leave a small Ronson fluid bottle in each car too :p

I also like to "collect" Zippos. I have an Astros one, one from a restaurant on the Outer Banks in North Carolina where I vacationed a few years ago, a Jaguar one, etc.

Again, I have four butane lighters and none of them work properly. My favorite is this one:
fingertalktorch.jpg

:sign:

gibu said:
I would like to use a zippo though, I have a couple I love but just have never used. I have seen others mention in the past about a butane that is similar to a zippo and can even be taken out and inserted into a zippo body. I'm sure I could do some detective work and search for it, but would anyone just happen to know off the top of there head the lighter I'm talking about and a place where they can be found??
Check this recent thread out Gibu:

Zippo Butane Insert Info

I usually use someone else's butane lighter, and occasionally matches. I don't own any fancy lighters (just a butane that came to my Xikar cutter), and I usually forget to bring it to the club... and having to refill it all the time is a hassle.

I started with a cheapo butane lighter from Thompson but now I have a new shiny brass Zippo with the butane insert. I love that combo, it is a real hand pleaser and a nice torch. $28 shipped!