• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How I "process" my new cigars!

YellowSmoke

All right this is how I do this, please let me know what you guys think!

As some of you guys may know I buy stick from either the local store or online. For the sticks that I find at my store it is a no brainer just toss them in the humidor (currently lots of tuppewears or ziplock since I dont trust my DC's humidors yet).

For the stick that I get online even with all the care and precautions that the vendors takes, they are usually a little dry, they crackle a little when you squeeze them (sounds like the cereals). I take all the sticks from the box, toss them in a tupperware and use Gel to humidify them, as I mentioned in another post I found out that Gel is the fastest way to get you stick wet. After about a week to a week and a half, the sticks are usually about the right RH or a little higher. At that point I will switch to the beads, the beads will regulate the RH back to optimal condition.

I am still waiting for my Aristocrat to come, so when it does I am planing on seasoning it with all the empty boxes that I have accumulated so far, almost as if they were parts if the humidor! After 2 weeks of seasoning (and not messing with the Aristocrat, thank you Backslide420) I will store the cigars back into their original boxes. The humidification method that I will be using at this point will be a combo of the Set and Forget (Factory set at 65% but I will raise it to 67-68%) and the beads (70%).

I am over doing it? and cigars relax me... But I am having fun while doing this!

Saliva gets your stick wet just as fast as gel.

:sign:

You're over thinking it bro. Just put your cigars into your seasoned Aristocrat and call it good! Like a stated before I have mine set for 67% as I find the setting works best for me (in dry Colorado). You also have to remember that the lower portion of the Aristocrat will be ~4-5% higher as compared to the singles tray. My humidor holds at 65.5% on the top, and 68-70% on the bottom.