• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How long can they sit around outside the humidor?

mikenmar

I just got a shipment of very nice sticks. Unfortunately my humidor is full. A new one is on the way, but it'll be a few days before it's arrived and cured.

How long can my cigars sit around before they'll be adversely affected? RH here is between 40-50%, temp at 70-75 F.

thanks.

Do you have any Boveda paks? Ziplock, boveda, and your good for a while.

Tupperware is your friend
Yep. Or a jar, if they can fit in one while it's closed up. Or plastic bag. Whatever. The point is to keep their humidity contained in an enclosed environment. The smaller the environment the better. It's the ambient air that is their enemy. That should help you until your reinforcements arrive.

Thanks all. Too big a shipment for tupperware or jars!

I did some searching here, and got inspired to rig up a small cooler with a couple humidifiers. That ought to do the trick for now.

I'm just getting back into cigars seriously after a long hiatus where I only smoked a handful per year. It took me an entire year and some friends to work through a box of Padron 1964 Anniverary Exclusivos.

I had a Tatuaje Noella last night after seeing them praised here, and it was fantastic. But I have to say, I have also tried a Siglo I for the first time now, and I thought it blew away the Noella.

I was never terribly into these little guys before, but now I really like them.

you know i always had really good luck with large ziplock freezer bags and the humidifier pillow thing you can get at your local shop.

If your new boxes are shrink wrapped in cellophane then they're good for quite a while, possibly a couple of months. Can you stick them in a cooler for now?

No worries. Contrary to popular belief cigars are quite resilient.