• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How many Techs are here?

ricmac25

Token Cuban Guy
After reading Rod's spyware post I saw a few techs replying. I'm a Technology Director at a Catholic High School. 5 Computer labs that the students use with an approx. total of 125 computers. Approximately 75 teacher laptops. Maybe another 25 office computers.

I think the teacher laptops get more messed up than the student computers, LOL.

How about the rest of you?

I am a Telecommunications Analyst. I handle about 40 Phone Systems, and about 150 different voice and data T-1's. I have networking experience as well from previous jobs. I have 10 years experience in the IT field

I'm a systems engineer at an investment bank. 7 years on Wall St, 12 in tech.

Used to run 4 puter labs at a medical school..opendoor helpdesk to 1000 students and 2nd tier phone for staff of 1000. Taught the supported software packages to the staff and students. This is sounding like a resume :p

Been coding in various languages (Pascal, 68K asm, PPC asm, C, C++, Perl, etc) for about 20 years or so.

I'm a computer support tech. for a major heavy equipment rental company. I support locations from all over the US, Canada and Mexico.

While a Linguist by trade (now) I started programming in 83 on the Coleco Adam and actually made it my major in College, so I programmed until I came in the service in 96, focusing mostly on object (C, C++ and Visual) programs. I've done a few program jobs for the military and was supposed to be in the computer field until they decided I was more useful speaking human languages over computer ones. I still do basic network support and access programming for my office though...

-K-

<-- General Computer Tech. I've help various support postions, supported numerous computer labs & classrooms and have solved counteless home PC issues.

Computers... it's what I do. :D

Dave

I am an Electronics Technician in the Coast Guard. I maintain 3 legacy HP computers(hardware) that runs a Military operationg system based on Unix. My other Electronic Systems is often controlled by Windows based PC's, I have good working knowledge od windows based systems. I also work with the phone company on connectivity based problems with voice and data circuits. We use these circuits to control remote equipment. Fun stuff except for the software side of the house.

Emo

I have worked for Hitachi Data Systems, Oki Semiconductor and others..
My last position before I opened up my cigar shop was Director of Technical Services for Calsino

Sys Admin for Online Education, 100% Online MBA Program.

Run Louts Domino on a 3 machine Win2k cluster for the online hosting software called LearningSpace. Done Network Admin, physical wiring, phone service hookups, PC tech support, Novell Sys Admin, built and ran computer labs, software debugging, and some light programming.

Lets not talk about my 'other' activites... thats all in the past. :p :D

EDUCATION
Tarleton State University, Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems, with a minor in Accounting
Stephenville, Texas. Graduation date: December 1994

SKILLS
Numerous classes, and related experience, in Computers, Management, Accounting and Public Relations to include:
Principles of Management - Managerial Accounting - Lotus 123 - Microsoft Windows COBOL Programming - Data Base Theory - CASE tools

WORK EXPERIENCE

Telvista formerly CompUSA Inc. 7/99 – present(disability)
Technical Support Representative
Facilitate customer satisfaction, for a call-in support center providing support for various Notebook and Desktop Computer Manufacturers, and their respective Subsidiaries.
Perform duties in:
* Database Management* Hardware Support and Diagnostics
* Software Support and Diagnostics* Troubleshooting and networking support
in Windows 95/98/ME, NT 4.0/Windows2000/XP
*Printer Support and connectivity issues
Responsibilities included taking inbound support calls and performing callbacks to difficult customers within a team environment. Also served as e:Mail support agent assisting customers with troubleshooting and facilitations via e:Mail.

Stream International Inc. 5/95 – 6/99
Technical Support Representative
Facilitate customer satisfaction, for a call-in support outsourcer providing support for a leading Notebook and Palmtop Computer Manufacturer, a major On-line Service, and a principal Printer Manufacturer.
Perform duties in:
* New Customer Sign-up* Billing/Account Maintenance* Database Management
* Hardware Support and Diagnostics* Software Support and Diagnostics
* Troubleshooting and networking support
* Windows 95/98, DOS, OS/2, NT 3.51 and 4.0 and All Versions of Windows CE
Responsibilities included taking inbound support calls within a team environment. Database Management System Liaison between contracts.

Weatherford College, Continuing Education Department 8/94 - 5/95
Computer Instructor
Taught classes to adult students in software and operating system packages, including:
*MS DOS * Dbase IV * WordPerfect 5.1
*MS Windows * Lotus 123

Currently Unemployed(in 2 more months)/Disabled ??? :(

ricmac25 said:
After reading Rod's spyware post I saw a few techs replying. I'm a Technology Director at a Catholic High School. 5 Computer labs that the students use with an approx. total of 125 computers. Approximately 75 teacher laptops. Maybe another 25 office computers.

I think the teacher laptops get more messed up than the student computers, LOL.

How about the rest of you?
Ohhh, what did Billy Joel say about Catholic girls? Has to be more interesting then the women in my headquarters, the youngest of which is 43 :(

ricmac25 said:
I'm a Technology Director at a Catholic High School.
Damn! I love Catholic School girls. Especially the 18 yr. old ones (17 in some states).

:sign:

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Like the Red Hot Chili Peppers say..

Catholic, schoolgirls rule. Catholic schoolgirls rule!!!

an EE for the US Naval Observatory. I am currently working on a satellite-based carrier phase method of precision time and frequency dissemination. I have been busting my ass lately because I filed a patent submission with our layers based on my work for this project. I am very tired of the project though, since I have been doing it for the last 8 months. I want to wrap it up so I can move into my next project which is GPS related. The GPS was the basis of my master's thesis. I sent a copy to DaveWF (per request), but never heard back. I think he must have hated it :( . Just kidding, Dave :p .

So, not directly IT but of course there is a s***-load of overlap. I also have an MCSE (NT 4.0). :)

I'm a hands-on eCommerce Manager for a Semiconductor firm. I run their public facing sites with consists of 40+ servers, routers and firewalls. Designed and implemented the entire architecture and still keep my hands on all the day to day tasks. I've decided to get a few certifications as of late such as my CCNA and CCDA. I'm working on my CISSP right now and will hopefully I get that finished by the end of August. After that either my MCSE or I'll focus on my MBA or more security certs, not sure yet.

Cheers,

AJ