• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How much do Arturo Fuente Petit Corona cost?

yomamar6

My sister is in LA and she is bringing me a box of Arturo Fuente Petit Corona. Can you guys tell me how much a box of these are at your local stores? She paid $130 for 15. Looking at the prices on the internet they are going for a lot less than that for a box of 25. It's too late to get her to return them as she is leaving now. Let me know if I got ripped off and I will email the store and let them know what I think of them.

California has high Cigar Taxes if I am not mistaken. That needs to be taken into consideration

California has high Cigar Taxes if I am not mistaken. That needs to be taken into consideration

That would be my guess as well.....Calif. is hurting BAD compared to the rest of us out here...

I don't know but this may have something to do with apparent price increase that Fuente sneaked in along with the SCHIP tax. At my local B&M, almost every Fuente cigar went up a minimum of $1.50/stick just after the first of the month. With the SCHIP tax being capped at $.40/stick, you do the math. The WOA and WOAM they had went up over $1.75/stick! In contrast the Padrons, as well as most other makers, have gone up about $.35-$.50/stick, right in line with the tax. Pretty damn sneaky if you ask me.

I've seen some prices go up a lot more then they should have recently. A lot of B&M's around me have double MSRP or higher. It depends on the shop. I pay for the experiance and of course the Cali taxes at my local B&M. The owners and guys there are just worth it to me. It doesn't suprise me she paid 8.66 a stick. Also, I have seen some B&M's raise prices more than the taxe's say they should be raised as amateur said. It just seems like they are taking advantage when they can. (In cali.. and around my area that is).

LA as in LA, CA or LA as is Louisiana?? $130 for the 15 sounds about right for out here, iirc. CA prices are horrific, but Canada's taxes are worse, aren't they?

LA as in LA, CA or LA as is Louisiana?? $130 for the 15 sounds about right for out here, iirc. CA prices are horrific, but Canada's taxes are worse, aren't they?

LA as in Lakers. Okay, thanks. I just wanted to confirm that the price paid was the going market rate. Yup, Canada's taxes are horrible. I'll save that topic for the political forums.

LA as in Lakers.
Okay, thanks. I just wanted to confirm that the price paid was the going market rate. Yup, Canada's taxes are horrible. I'll save that topic for the political forums.

ROFL!!! :laugh: :laugh:

In CA, that's probably around what they cost, as I've heard of Padron 2000's also being in the $7 range now. This is undoubtedly why most CA residents do shopping online, on vacations, etc.

[rant]
As was mentioned before though, in CA, the retailers kind of get the shaft. Even though the tobacco tax is horrendous (something like ~75% of the wholesale price which results in a 75%-150% increase in the Retail, depending on the shop), shopping or doing business with a retailer, at least as far as I'm concerned, is all about the Customer Service, the Tobacconist's knowledge and personal relationship with the Employees, Owners, etc. If I get bad customer service, or the Employees/ Owners are negligent to the industry and their inventory, I'll be damned if I support that tobacconist, as I could undoubtedly find someone more friendly, knowledgeable and deserving of my $ that carries the same cigars. Even if I lived in CA, If I had a local retailer that had great Customer Service, knew what they were doing, and were genuinely good people, I'd still support them as much as I could afford to.
[/rant]

On another note, EVERY CP retailer (Just to name a few...Isy at Uptown, Al at puffstuff, Eric at JackSchwartz, and many more....) run a genuine and service-oriented business. If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to contact any of them, as they are all very helpful, knowledgeable, and will treat you right. :thumbs:

In CA, that's probably around what they cost, as I've heard of Padron 2000's also being in the $7 range now. This is undoubtedly why most CA residents do shopping online, on vacations, etc.

[rant]
As was mentioned before though, in CA, the retailers kind of get the shaft. Even though the tobacco tax is horrendous (something like ~75% of the wholesale price which results in a 75%-150% increase in the Retail, depending on the shop), shopping or doing business with a retailer, at least as far as I'm concerned, is all about the Customer Service, the Tobacconist's knowledge and personal relationship with the Employees, Owners, etc. If I get bad customer service, or the Employees/ Owners are negligent to the industry and their inventory, I'll be damned if I support that tobacconist, as I could undoubtedly find someone more friendly, knowledgeable and deserving of my $ that carries the same cigars. Even if I lived in CA, If I had a local retailer that had great Customer Service, knew what they were doing, and were genuinely good people, I'd still support them as much as I could afford to.
[/rant]

On another note, EVERY CP retailer (Just to name a few...Isy at Uptown, Al at puffstuff, Eric at JackSchwartz, and many more....) run a genuine and service-oriented business. If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to contact any of them, as they are all very helpful, knowledgeable, and will treat you right. :thumbs:

Eric is one of a kind....he knows what customer service is AND THEN SOME!

Al has ALWAYS treated me right and always makes things as easy as can be to deal with.

As we all know, we are truly BLESSED to have all of our retailers. I can't say enough good things...I just wish I did more purchasing & had more $ to throw their way, they certainly deserve it.

Fuente has so much healthy competition these days that they really ain't all that anymore. They may be in for a surprise as they raise their prices. Also, their QC has gone down in recent years.

I don't know but this may have something to do with apparent price increase that Fuente sneaked in along with the SCHIP tax. At my local B&M, almost every Fuente cigar went up a minimum of $1.50/stick just after the first of the month. With the SCHIP tax being capped at $.40/stick, you do the math. The WOA and WOAM they had went up over $1.75/stick! In contrast the Padrons, as well as most other makers, have gone up about $.35-$.50/stick, right in line with the tax. Pretty damn sneaky if you ask me.

A little birdie told me why Fuente had a more obvious jump than others. There was a 50% increase raise in pay down in the DR and thus, it seems the Fuente products took a serious hike. Labor costs went up. You can't expect a company to eat all their profits because Labor went up. :p

On a different note...Thats a costly price and I NEVER buy any tobacco products in California and I don't feel sorry for them either. If States would stop trying to modifying our behavior through taxation, then more than likely people wouldn't quit and thus the States would quit losing so much tax money. :laugh:

A little birdie told me why Fuente had a more obvious jump than others. There was a 50% increase raise in pay down in the DR and thus, it seems the Fuente products took a serious hike. Labor costs went up. You can't expect a company to eat all their profits because Labor went up. :p

On a different note...Thats a costly price and I NEVER buy any tobacco products in California and I don't feel sorry for them either. If States would stop trying to modifying our behavior through taxation, then more than likely people wouldn't quit and thus the States would quit losing so much tax money. :laugh:

This may very well be true. Is this an across the board increase in the DR or just with Fuente? I have several Dominican employees who regularly travel there I may be able to find out more info from. I was told it was to offset sales they expect to lose because of the SCHIP tax. Either way I think the timing of it is ironic at the least...... and misleading.

Fuente has so much healthy competition these days that they really ain't all that anymore. They may be in for a surprise as they raise their prices. Also, their QC has gone down in recent years.

Amen. There are so many fantastic smokes out there, besides Fuentes htf's and sungrowns, their product presence is growing thinner and thinner in my humi. I just don't think I could ever turn my back on any Opus, Anejos or anything with a sungrown wrapper.