• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

how much?

ksouro1

how far down to the butt do you guys smoke your cigars, when is it time to stop? I usually find that it stops being as enjoyble when i get about 2 - 3 inches away. so i tend to stop at that point. is it too early?

When the flavor becomes not to your liking let it die. The way I see it this does not ruin the experence of the cigar. This way you will remember the initial good impression not the carbon flavor of the butt. Some cigars are worthy of burning your fingers some are not.

Pretty much when the flavor turns south or when I can no longer comfortably smoke it (smoke too hot, it's so short its burning my fingers..).

Sometimes even, dare I say it, when I've just had enough, although I would never put out a rare/expensive cigar in the middle unless I absolutely had to.

I usually stab a good one with a poker and smoke it to the nub :p . But if it stops tasting good, it is time to let it go out :(

If it's good I nub it. Doesn't matter what it is. Used to be I'd nub just about any expensive cigar trying to get my money's worth :p Nowadays if it's not enjoyable I lay it down no matter how much it cost me. I had a Trini the other day that was below par so I let it go out with a couple inches left.

lucasbuck said:
If it's good I nub it. Doesn't matter what it is. Used to be I'd nub just about any expensive cigar trying to get my money's worth :p Nowadays if it's not enjoyable I lay it down no matter how much it cost me. I had a Trini the other day that was below par so I let it go out with a couple inches left.
That's too too bad. :p But you did get 5 good inches out of it. LOL, come to think of it, my wife tells me that all the time.

Emo

emodx said:
:p But you did get 5 good inches out of it. LOL, come to think of it, my wife tells me that all the time.

Emo
O M G !! :rolling:

TFF, Emo, and TMI too now that I think of it.

:0

emodx said:
lucasbuck said:
That's too too bad. :p But you did get 5 good inches out of it. LOL, come to think of it, my wife tells me that all the time.

Emo
:sign: :p

Don't get me wrong. It was good but just not as good as when they are really on. The complexity wasn't there and I was getting bored. When they are on though my fingers invariably get hot :0

PuroBrat said:
emodx said:
:p But you did get 5 good inches out of it. LOL, come to think of it, my wife tells me that all the time.

Emo
O M G !! :rolling:

TFF, Emo, and TMI too now that I think of it.

:0
The only reason she gets 5 inches is becase I give it to her twice. ??? She say's I am hung like a bull frog! :0

Emo

emodx said:
The only reason she gets 5 inches is becase I give it to her twice. ???
Emo
She said " give me 8" big boy and make it hurt". So I gave it to her twice and punched her in the nose. :0 :p

aahhahaha. great.

you could use a stick, like cartman does, when he goes bad kitty!

If I like it I will smoke it until I start to smell my mustache hairs burning.

If I really like it I will smoke it until my lips and fingers burn -- burn with sorrow that I now have to depart with a good smoke!

Normally, the most enjoyable part of a cigar is the 2nd half. However, fuller body smokes tend to sometimes build funky residue and may start tasting a little off. Here's a hint on how to refresh your cigar. Hold your lighter or flame on the lighted foot of the cigar and gently blow out. You'll see a blue flame coming from the foot. Continue blowing through the cigar for at least 15 seconds and pull the lighter away. The flame will sometimes last for more than 30 seconds. Your cigar is now refreshed and will taste like it did in the beginning. ;)

i have a nice blister on my fingers from a padron i was smoking last night . just depends on the quality of the smoke and my mood.

I was finsihing off a Padron 4000 maduro this afternoon on the deck and got to wondering just how far down most BOTLs smoke their cigars. I found this set of postings very interesting. I usually go to the last inch unless the cigar has turned bitter or hot. I haven't been able to nub one like Aizuddin frequently does. You suppose people use a roach clip to do that or do they just burn the hell out of their fingers?

I had a Padron 1926 nattie the other night that I smoked down to about a quarter inch. Some cigars you just can't put down.

Oh yea... a '26 to the very VERY end! I singe mustache hairs on these all the time. But others I toss after a few puffs if they suck, no matter what the $$$. And then you find the inexpensive ones that are good- i just finished a CAO Anniversary on a walk in the woods with my pups, and in was a hair burner too! (Thanks EMO.. came from my first pass with you!)

It's all about the enjoyment- if you enjoy it, smoke it till there is nothing left. If you don't enjoy it, toss it away and chalk it up to a learning expirence. I did that with a Monte #2 ISOM... just don't enjoy those for whatever reason.

I've smoked so far down on a smoke before I needed a roach clip. If I would have had one, I would have smoked the whole thing. :blush:

Ree