• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How to dry beads?

nyip1

I live in a very humid place. I am having a hard time drying the beads. I have a few pounds of beads and I used a hairdryer to blow dry them for 45mins to an hour, but the results weren't that great. Are there any other methods to dry beads? Please help.

Thank you.
:blush:

Thanks guys. I have a small oven in my home but it doesn't tell me the degree. Does microwave work? I will keep in mind that an oven will work. Worst case, I will bring it to a friends house. How long should it take for an oven with 200. Is it in c or in F?

I am unsure on how 45 min to an hour with a hairdryer didn't completely dry these beads.

165° for about 30 minutes depending on how saturated they are, at 200°, I would start to worry about the moisture in the beads boiling.

I hope this helps

~Mark

The temps mentioned above are Fahrenheit not Celsius.

I'm not sure I would use the microwave. The water in the beads will likely boil and I don't think that would be a good thing.

Step 1: Lay them all out nicely on a cookie sheet
Step 2: Aim the hair dryer at the beads
Step 3: Turn on hair dryer
Step 4: Vacuum up beads that are now scattered all around the kitchen
Step 5: Order a new pound of beads

TRUST me on this one - use the oven. :laugh:

I'm curious where you live. I'm in southern Georgia right on the water and I never have that issue with my beads. Do you live underwater? ;)

Step 1: Lay them all out nicely on a cookie sheet
Step 2: Aim the hair dryer at the beads
Step 3: Turn on hair dryer
Step 4: Vacuum up beads that are now scattered all around the kitchen
Step 5: Order a new pound of beads

TRUST me on this one - use the oven. :laugh:

I'm curious where you live. I'm in southern Georgia right on the water and I never have that issue with my beads. Do you live underwater? ;)

I didn't use a cookie sheet. I used a bucket and some of the beads still came out. haha.
The current temp is 20 degree celsius and RH is like 95-98. :D :D

The oven works well.

DO NOT use the microwave, what you will hear sounds alot like popcorn when the beads start to pop.

Did as advised and put beads in oven at lowest setting 170f it worked thanks. :D

Interesting. I put the beads in the oven. Baked for quite some time and the beads turn yellowesh and maintain transparent. I think I need some new beads. Are they suppose to maintain transparent? I used 75 Celsius. :(