• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How to make cedar in a cigar box usable

mateo3904

Banned
Say I pick up a few cigar boxes. What is the process for making the wood usable in a tupperdor type application. Do you saw the box apart?

I just place the whole box into the food container. Provides a true buffer.

It's is not really necessary to use cedar in a tupperdor or coolidor application.

If you really do want to, just look around for the thin, flexible cedar dividers commonly found inside most boxes. This should do the trick.

Is it advisable to take the tops off of the boxes or leave them on? I'm about to do the same thing.

Is it advisable to take the tops off of the boxes or leave them on? I'm about to do the same thing.

You're over thinking things bro. As stated above you really don't even need boxes. Since you find it necessary for your set up, I personally would not make things more difficult and leave the boxes intact.

Jason

Ok Jason. I thought i read that the boxes help balance out the RH for coolidors or tupperdors. Are you suggesting just laying the sierdorngles in the tupperdor? I figured I'd label the boxes based on body, flavor for sorting purposes. Trust me, i dont want anything complicated lol. Ive stressed enough over my currrent setup and want to know my cigars will be well taken care of so I can enjoy them.

Ok Jason. I thought i read that the boxes help balance out the RH for coolidors or tupperdors. Are you suggesting just laying the sierdorngles in the tupperdor? I figured I'd label the boxes based on body, flavor for sorting purposes. Trust me, i dont want anything complicated lol. Ive stressed enough over my currrent setup and want to know my cigars will be well taken care of so I can enjoy them.

WTF?

WTF?

haha my bad.. friggin auto correct on the phone. Cigars it was meant to read. Not even sure how the hell it pulled the above.