• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hows this deal? (Thompson)

mostholycerebus

Saw this in my local coupon clipper magazine:

Padron (looks like a 2000 or 3000 wrapper)
CAO Gold
CAO Criollo
Cusano 18 Natural
RP Vintage Sun Grown
Torano Exodus Silver
2x Thompson Vintage Especial

For $14 shipped, from Thompson cigars. I know a few by name, the others I dunno much about. No sizes given, so I assume robustos.

Nice price, especially with shipping included. There are 3 or 4 on that list I would smoke.

I've never dealt with Thompson's, but from what I've heard the problem with buying from them is that you get on on a list that you never get off of. Again, that's not my experience, but is what I've heard.

I had a Brother order one of those samplers for me as a part of a split we were doing. I thought it was a hell of a deal. Those Thompson's Especials are nothing to turn up your nose at either (take into account I'm a Newbie).

Yep, this is the deal Thompson runs in magazines and papers every month, or at least one similar.

The only problem is that I don't think they list any sizes. Probably a handful of Robustos, but still a decent deal for a few daily smokes IMO.

... I've never dealt with Thompson's, but from what I've heard the problem with buying from them is that you get on on a list that you never get off of. Again, that's not my experience, but is what I've heard.

I've not dealt with them either, I've heard the same as Steve. However, there is an easy solution to the "email forever" problem. I have used successfully for years a free service called SPAMGOURMET in those years here are my stats:

"Your message stats: 8,710 forwarded, 38,112 eaten. You have 976 disposable address(es)."

The eaten messages are messages that I would have received long after my business with that vendor concluded. The service is very reliable and the user definable disposable addresses can be created on the fly. The mail will show up in your inbox. It requires no special set up on your system, and the disposable addresses can be further defined or edited via the web interface.

Just my 2¢... YMMV.

Friend ordered from Thompson's and the cigars was like rolling up cardboard and smoking it. After that, I wouldnt deal with them even if you paid me too.

I really hope I'm hijacking the OP's thread too much but I have the same type of question so I didn't want to start a whole new thread about if this is a good deal or not. CLICK HERE I have never tried the 5 vegas. Are they any good? If so, how is this deal.

I really hope I'm hijacking the OP's thread too much but I have the same type of question so I didn't want to start a whole new thread about if this is a good deal or not. CLICK HERE I have never tried the 5 vegas. Are they any good? If so, how is this deal.

I've enjoyed most of the 5 Vegas smokes I've tried. However, what counts is if you enjoy them. Seems like a reasonable deal, don't see how you could get hurt too bad. Just my opinion.

The deal doesn't seem bad at all, I'm just not a 5 Vegas fan.

I did a similar deal a long time ago, but I'm not sure if it was with Thompson or not. It's a great way to start out IMO, and for $15 shipped it's hard to beat.
As far as the Vegas 5's... Not really my "cup of tea", but to each his own. That doesn't seem like a bad deal unless you try the first one and find out it's not your "cup of tea" either. Nice to have a place like this and people here willing to trade.

I've enjoyed most of the 5 Vegas smokes I've tried. However, what counts is if you enjoy them. Seems like a reasonable deal, don't see how you could get hurt too bad. Just my opinion.

Hey Brew,

I've wondered this for some time now, but haven't ever gotten around to asking you. What's up with your font? Nothing wrong with it, I don't mind 24pt font in bright bold red, never have, don't think I ever will, but just wondering what's the story. It actually kind of helps wake me up in the morning when I come across your posts. :D

Just F-n with ya' ;)

I bought one of my humidors from Thompsons. The cigars that came with it were total crap, but the humidor is actually much nicer than I expected. I even still use it today as my Fuente/Padron humi. Aside from their house sticks being dog rockets, I don't mind the company. I immediately put their email addresses in my spam folder and never gave them a phone number though, so I have haven't been hounded by them much.

My very first humi was from Thompson as well. After I ripped off their cheap logo that is affixed to the humi, I was happy with it. It actually was pretty solid and did my smokes well for a couple of years until I finally gave it away. As for their smokes... that's another story. :whistling:

That doesn't sound like a bad deal at all. I bought a 24 cigar 5 Vegas sampler at the CI Cigar Fest in May for $60. I got 8 each of the Classic, the Series "A", and the Gold. I have hand one each of the Gold and "A". They were pretty tasty cigars to me.

At least they're not Thompson's brands in the sampler. :laugh: