• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hoya de Nicaragua Belicoso

Lumberg

Opus Lover
WOW!

Pulled this one out when the VSG split to pieces.

Construction is quite good. There is one irregularity near the head that is interesting looking and lets in a little air on each puff but not enough to detract from the draw. The wrapper seems thicker than most cigars. Feels durable.

Clipped it, lit right up. Smoked quite well and the flavor was sort of earthy. Not very remarkable, totally different from the cigars I have been smoking recently, that have more pronounced tastes. But quite good.

Drew and burned well for about the first 1/3, then started to peter out a bit and get uneven. Typical of an over-humidified cigar. Obviously likes humidity lower than 70%. Got a phone call at around this point and it went out.

At first it was perfect. Then it really started kicking my ass from the buzz. I had also taken a painkiller so the two buzzes together were like WHOO! Even then this cigar is actually stronger, nicotine-wise, and a Chisel.

Re-lit and it's still kind of petulant. One interesting thing is that I got tar bubbling out of the head much like the Anejo I posted pictures of last week. A sign of a very strong, very humid cigar.

Overall this cigar is very Cuban in taste and character, and a great value! I will definitely be on the lookout for more of these.

Thanks JOE M!

The Antano was recommended to me by a couple of our more accomplished FOG's, and it is one of my favorite cigars. I recommend it highly.

One thing I am curious about though, Lumberg, is how you keep the head of your cigars dry enough to see tar or resin coming out. I don't like the feel of dry tobacco on my lips or tongue, so I take care of that situation right off the bat. With a damp head, I don't see any tar or resin and it does not bother me when I taste it. To each his own, I guess.

Lumberg said:
Well my lips only touch the wrapper.
Spare the lips and tongue and lose the bride! :p I'm sorry. What was the topic of discussion? :D :sign:

LOL

I just wanted to add that the only two cigars this has happened on are figurados so the surface area of exposed filler is quite small.

This is one of my favorite cigars. Nice smoke. Strong nicotine rush.
I understand they had a problem with the wrappers and stopped shipping for a while. Until very recently you couldn't find any retailers carrying them. Suddenly I see them back on the market.