• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humi-Care

KiltLad

"Live & Learn"
Well, I got a package from Cbid today. Inside was a Humi-Care HX10 rectangle humidifier.
About 2 1/2" x 6 1/2" in size. I shook it, wanting to hear the beads rattle. It sounded kind of funny. So,
I opened it up with my pocket knife and it was almost empty. It has maybe a teaspoon of beads in it.
Now, I know the beads expand when wet but, come on, it's almost empty.

I called Cbid, told them my tale and the gal said that was the right amount of beads. She said, "Put the humidifier in water for 6 hours and they will expand to fill the container up."

So, is she right or am I right. I say, the beads will expand, but not by much. The container is, maybe,
a 20th full of beads, dry.

What say you...

- KiltLad

No worries, that's a crystal gel one. Don't soak it in water, just fill it up with water to fill the container, you'll be amazed how much it expands. I had one similar and it was fine.

Crystal gel hmmm. Well, I filled it with DW. I don't see how the crystals could fill it, but sometimes
I have little faith in these things. Cbid did say if it did not fill up, they would send a new one. Will see... ???

- KiltLad

If I recall you may need to fill it with PG 50/50 now that I think about it, either way do search and you'll find out what people suggest. I think I used PG 50/50 the first time. Check THIS out. It will answer your questions. FYI even though it's called Crystal GEL it is NOT silica Gel, it's a polymer.

Edit to add: It takes 30 min to an hour for them to fully absorb whatever you put in.

I would scoop that gooey shit into the trash, hit viper up at heartfelt and get some beads.

Humidity is a non issue with those, it's a one time purchase, and you are supporting a brother here.

Just my .02

I would scoop that gooey shit into the trash, hit viper up at heartfelt and get some beads.

Humidity is a non issue with those, it's a one time purchase, and you are supporting a brother here.

Just my .02
that is exactly what i did, those lil rocks that come with it will expand only so much, you are way better off filling it with heartfelt beads. with the beads in it, it keeps my humi real nice

Just my .02

Best advice yet.

Just get the beads and never have to be concerned with keeping proper humidity again. With my ~75% full 100ct it stays steady at 64-65% with 65% beads.