• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humi Problems

naiou175

OK I have This humi and I am using beads. My problem is that my bottom half is hovering right at 65% were it should be but the top were the shelves are and holding all my singles is hovering right around 55% I got the idea to to put some more beads in a different container in one of the shelves and sponged the shelves down with distilled water and that was about 2 days ago and still no change in the % :( So any helpfull suggestions would be nice I'm open to almost anything.

Actually The seal seems very tight I tried the flashlight test and the only light that seemed to escape was through the glass top I tried covering it with paper but didn't get it all covered and as far as opening it I use the radio shack wireless so I don't have to open it to check the RH and the glass top really is nice don't have to open it to stare and drool at the sticks :D What I'm starting to wonder is should I look into a cigar oasis where they have the fan would that help circulate.

I live in an apartment and the heat and cold winter air do make a difference in the RH in my cooler. In the summer months I get a much steadier RH than I do in the winter months.

Do a Salt Test on the Hygrometers, I also have a wireless one, Oregon Scientific and it is off by 4-5%...

Good Luck

naiou175 said:
Actually The seal seems very tight I tried the flashlight test and the only light that seemed to escape was through the glass top I tried covering it with paper but didn't get it all covered and as far as opening it I use the radio shack wireless so I don't have to open it to check the RH and the glass top really is nice don't have to open it to stare and drool at the sticks :D
[snapback]176488[/snapback]​
I hear ya.
as far as the flashlight test goes, since you've got a glasstop, I would just rely on how it feels and sounds when you close the lid.
is there a slight resistance, due to the pressure of the air trying to escape, right when the lid is closing? can you hear a gentle "whooosh" sound?

also, how have you confirmed that the top is dryer than the bottom? by moving your remote sensor and taking reading for each using the same sensor? or are you using two remote sensors?
if using only one sensor, and moving it from bottom to top to check the RH, are you giving it at least 8 hours to stabilize before taking a reading and/or opening the humidor?
if using two sensors, have you salt-tested them and confirmed that they're both accurate and consistent with each other?