• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

humidor help

ricky01

hi everybody can anybody hear help me trying to locate the make and model of this the humidor sale on eBay I've been looking for 1 like this for a while now and have not been able to locate it any help would be greatly appreciated thanks Ricky

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150973345897?redirect=mobile

Ask the seller?? There is WAY to much glass on that thing for my taste sorry

I contacted the seller and he didn't know the make and model number of it I'm just trying to find out about it to do a little research on it and check it out and if any of the members have this particular humidor any review would be very well appreciated Thanks Ricky

In my experience glass just asks for problems. That thing has a lot of glass. Plus its to small to need a Cigar Oasis.

yes you're absolutely correct it does have a lot of glass that's why I'm trying to find out some information about them. I can't get any reviews on them I don't have the make and model number that's why I'm hoping somebody would give me some info. and for the Oasis it doesn't make any difference to me since I will not be purchasing this setup.what I'm looking for the humidor in the 300 count range decent quality and price thanks Ricky

I contacted the seller and he didn't know the make and model number of it I'm just trying to find out about it to do a little research on it and check it out and if any of the members have this particular humidor any review would be very well appreciated Thanks Ricky

Periods, Brother. They're not just for chicks.

Ricky........

Welcome to Cigar Pass.

Let me help you get along here. We have rules. You obviously haven't read them. Your 1st Post Should have been your introduction post. Then you can move on from there.

A very knowledgeable group here. Just follow the rules.

Thanks.

By the way, CheapHumidors.com carries that style, but it looks like they're out of stock unless you want an "imperfect" one. I suggest you look around that site for something that suits your taste.

I'd avoid glass, as mentioned. It looks pretty, but it's just another place to leak. At least get something with a lid and not doors or drawers on the front, as they rarely seal very well.

By the way, CheapHumidors.com carries that style, but it looks like they're out of stock unless you want an "imperfect" one. I suggest you look around that site for something that suits your taste.

I'd avoid glass, as mentioned. It looks pretty, but it's just another place to leak. At least get something with a lid and not doors or drawers on the front, as they rarely seal very well.

And that mold thing would kind of push me away. You work constantly to keep mold out.

If I were you, I'd keep looking. It's already selling at over $200 and isn't worth it.
Welcome,
Ian

Well, everyone gave you the perfect advice. Glass humidors have a problem maintaining a constant humidity level due to all the seams around the glass not being air tight. Plus, over $200 for that is a bit high for that humidor used, even with the Cigar Oasis.

The link provided above by John for Cheaphumidors.com is a great place to buy your first humidor....check out their website and if you have any questions about a particular unit you have in mind, just post your question and one of us will help steer you in the right direction.

PS: Tell us a little more about yourself in you intro post (just edit it)...Tell us how long you've been smoking, where you live, how you started smoking cigars, what are your favorite brands & sizes...stuff like that.

I picked up one of my 300 ct humidors at cheaphumidors.com and the other at cubancrafters.com, one w/glass and the other w/o. Both humis were cheap and have lasted 6 years w/o issues. I also use one Oasis setup and one Hydra setup (had to make some mods to the pull out shelves in each unit to accomodate) and couldn't be happier w/the results. All my sticks stay nice and hydrated and only have to refill/rotate every few months.

I'd like to thank everybody for all the good information.and I will take it all into consideration before I by my new humidor. I will keep you guys posted again thanks.