• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humidor I got as a gift while on vacation

riche_guy

While my girlfriend and I were in Cuba, she picked me up a humidor at the sidewalk sale at the hotel. A cute box covered with leather and a tobacco leaf dried on top with a dried cigar, a wood cigar as a handle in front to lift the lid and another dried leaf on the inside cover. There is a leather emblem with Cuba engraved in front of the box. The inside wood is cedar. There are a few cedar dividers on the inside, one has a hole in it and there is two small rectangular cedar wood as well. Not sure what there use is. I will leave a picture of them here if anyone has an idea... The humidor cost us $25 and is a nice little souvenir.

P1060423.jpg

P1060425.jpg

P1060424.jpg

P1060426.jpg

Wow that's pretty cheap for a nice piece. The dried leafs are pretty cool touch to the humidor.

It's definitely a unique style. I like it. Looks like it should be the center piece at Deer Camp.

Not sure that I like the dried cigar on the top. I like the dried leaf on top and the inside though.

Cool gift.

Nice! That'll make a great conversation piece! Congrats on the find

_craig_

That is a fantastic souvenier...but sorry, I have no idea what the two extra cedar slabs are for, other than maybe to seperate two different types of cigars in your humidor.

Is that a cutter in the box too?

Looks like it is made from wood also.

Like to see a pic of that.

Is that a cutter in the box too?

Looks like it is made from wood also.

Like to see a pic of that.

its a wooden cutter made by one of the artist. I bought it for $4. How you see it in the box is pretty much how it is..

an interesting humi to say the least, I hope you enjoy it bro :thumbs:

Whether it's functional or not, it's a pretty nice box for a good price. Nice find!

Whether it's functional or not, it's a pretty nice box for a good price. Nice find!

To me its just a novelty. I can't fit my whole collection in there it is too small. It's a nice reminder of a great vacation.....

Maybe use it to store smoking supplies in. Cutter, lighter, matches, labels, etc.

I think it's a pretty neat looking box and worth having for the conversation factor alone.

Very cool. Great find.
Could the hole have been for a hygrometer or hunidifcation device?
And the smaller rectangular pieces of wood to compartmentalize?
Just guessing.

[quote name='Smok'em' timestamp='1303432908' post='1036570']
Very cool. Great find.
Could the hole have been for a hygrometer or hunidifcation device?
And the smaller rectangular pieces of wood to compartmentalize?
Just guessing.
[/quote]

Good thinking. The thing is the hole is like on the side of the wood that looks like a divider, I think... Perhaps to allow humidity through??