• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humidor Problem

Bill Clinton said:
... I used take flying lessons back in the late 1980's...
[snapback]271555[/snapback]​

Umm, you must have treated your instructor like you treat the people trying to help you here, when you had questions.

Also what has a few lessons you took got to do with.. "when I go flying.."?

Finally, you do not need calibrate the altimeter for your departure airport from an ATC comm. You should know the altitude of your airport (it is written/shown in many places) and you can perfectly calibrate it by dialing the altitude. For your destination airport it is, of course, different. I am sure you never listened to what you instructor said, I am fairly sure that probably because of this you never got your full licence either and therefore I doubt the truth of "when I go flying...".

Anyway, I say again, you are a troll, imo.

I am sure that right according to the ruling house :)

I don't know if I need to apologize for jacking such a messed up thread in the first place but...

I just want to say this is the funniest damned thing I've ever read. I've popped in to this thread from time to time just to see how it managed to still be alive, but todays stuff is classic! I purposely sat down to read this after dinner and a couple beers and i just spit some fine Belgian ale all over my screen due to SamClemmons post, "Well, at least everyone is finally on the same page".
I've worked almost 24 of the last 48 hrs. and I couldn't care less at this moment! Thanks

BTW, I really hope this thread makes it to 30 pages. There's gotta be some kind of award for this. Oh, and for what it's worth Bill, if you're not a troll, then you're the slowest man ever to figure out how to use a computer. Or you're the inspiration for Homer Simpson and Peter Griffin. What/whoever you are, it's pure genius!
Post on, boys! Happy puffin'

macallan2 said:
I don't know if I need to apologize for jacking such a messed up thread in the first place but...

I just want to say this is the funniest damned thing I've ever read. I've popped in to this thread from time to time just to see how it managed to still be alive, but todays stuff is classic! I purposely sat down to read this after dinner and a couple beers and i just spit some fine Belgian ale all over my screen due to SamClemmons post, "Well, at least everyone is finally on the same page".
I've worked almost 24 of the last 48 hrs. and I couldn't care less at this moment! Thanks

BTW, I really hope this thread makes it to 30 pages. There's gotta be some kind of award for this. Oh, and for what it's worth Bill, if you're not a troll, then you're the slowest man ever to figure out how to use a computer. Or you're the inspiration for Homer Simpson and Peter Griffin. What/whoever you are, it's pure genius!
Post on, boys! Happy puffin'
[snapback]271861[/snapback]​
What Belgian wee you drinkin'? I love Belgian's.

Emo

emodx said:
Emo
[snapback]271862[/snapback]​

Actually, I think the guy said it's a Canadian brew in the Belgian style but, whatever :D It's Don De Dieu 9%alc/vol. It was recommended when I said I liked the Maredsous and Chimay lines. Give it a try if you never have. And now, please Bill, let's get back off topic.... :p

macallan2 said:
emodx said:
Emo

Actually, I think the guy said it's a Canadian brew in the Belgian style but, whatever :D It's Don De Dieu 9%alc/vol. It was recommended when I said I liked the Maredsous and Chimay lines. Give it a try if you never have. And now, please Bill, let's get back off topic.... :p
[snapback]271872[/snapback]​
I know the beer. It is made by Unibroue. If you like that, then fry El Fin Du Monde and Maudite. Both decent beers by the same company.

Emo

Just to try to keep this goinfg for a little while longer and to stay on th same page without changing houses, I am originally from Belgium.

One of my favourite beer is a Gueuze. Fermetation of this beer is achieved by ambiant micro origanisms rather than yeast. It is sweet and sour in taste and can be drunk in the following fashions:

1) neat (as it come out of the bottle which has a champagne type cork)

2) with a couple of cubes of sugar which are broken and then diluted in the beer with a specially design stirrer for it

3) with the addition of cassis, or some berries syrup, choose your own flavour

4) finally in one of the most delicious way, with the addition of the yolk of a raw egg which is the stirred in. Often in winter, as a young child I was given one of those prior to going to sleep. It did make for some nice sleeep and was thought to have heaps of invigorating effects. :)

BTW, it is a relatively strong beer (8%+ ) from memory.

Cheers

emodx said:
macallan2 said:
emodx said:
Emo

[snapback]271872[/snapback]​
I know the beer. It is made by Unibroue. If you like that, then fry El Fin Du Monde and Maudite. Both decent beers by the same company.

Emo
[snapback]271874[/snapback]​

The Maudite will be tried tomorrow. I don't think I could appreciate it right now. :D
Oh, and MidGe, thanks for the info.

Captain Leafheart said:
emodx said:
Emo

It is made by Unibroue.

Unibroue. Isn't that one continuous eyebrow that goes straight across over the eyes?
[snapback]271894[/snapback]​
[/quote]
I was going to ask the same thing :thumbs:

emodx said:

Emo
Le Fin De Monde is some great brew.

1 question, with all the talk about altimeters, GPS, sea level, etc., How many guages does Bill have on his humidor or is he talking about a plane?

MidGe said:
Bill Clinton said:

Umm, you must have treated your instructor like you treat the people trying to help you here, when you had questions.

Finally, you do not need calibrate the altimeter for your departure airport from an ATC comm. You should know the altitude of your airport (it is written/shown in many places) and you can perfectly calibrate it by dialing the altitude. For your destination airport it is, of course, different. I am sure you never listened to what you instructor said, I am fairly sure that probably because of this you never got your full licence either and therefore I doubt the truth of "when I go flying...".

[snapback]271846[/snapback]​

MidGe,
Look here sir. I just want to make myself clear to you. You come off as being a very arrogant, low class and uneducated person by what you just said in your post about me. You are very wrong in your opinions about me. You don't even know me. I suggest that you show some edicit and correct your own faults first before making false accusations and calling me a troll and mocking me as someone who doesn't listen to people who give good advice to me. If you think that I am some type of an idiot or a moron, then think again. You portray yourself as being very disrespectful and as someone who lacks edicit by posting false accusations about me like this. If you like to snap your gums off and accuse me of "not listening" to people when it comes to taking good advice and obtaining knowledge about something, then you don't know what the hell you are talking about. I suggest that you stop making assumptions and false accusations about me. You are only making an ass out of yourself when you make false assumptions about someone whom you don't know at all. It seems that you lack edicit and social skills. I suggest that you educate yourself and take a Dale Carnegie course. It will help you a lot.

And by the way, just for your own information, I completed the flight training school without any problems.

Bill Clinton said:
MidGe said:
Bill Clinton said:

[snapback]271846[/snapback]​

MidGe,
Look here sir. I just want to make myself clear to you. You come off as being a very arrogant, low class and uneducated person by what you just said in your post about me. You are very wrong in your opinions about me. You don't even know me. I suggest that you show some edicit and correct your own faults first before making false accusations and calling me a troll and mocking me as someone who doesn't listen to people who give good advice to me. If you think that I am some type of an idiot or a moron, then think again. You portray yourself as being very disrespectful and as someone who lacks edicit by posting false accusations about me like this. If you like to snap your gums off and accuse me of "not listening" to people when it comes to taking good advice and obtaining knowledge about something, then you don't know what the hell you are talking about. I suggest that you stop making assumptions and false accusations about me. You are only making an ass out of yourself when you make false assumptions about someone whom you don't know at all. It seems that you lack edicit and social skills. I suggest that you educate yourself and take a Dale Carnegie course. It will help you a lot.

And by the way, just for your own information, I completed the flight training school without any problems.
[snapback]271911[/snapback]​

Hey, Bill... You shoulda quit while you were ahead.... ;)

ggiese said:
Hey, Bill... You shoulda quit while you were ahead.... ;)
[snapback]271915[/snapback]​

Surely you didn't expect THAT to happen. C'mon George, you've been around here a while now. Senility starting to kick in Gramps? :laugh:

Back