• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humidor Selection.. Please Post Opinion

Shiba

CP's Official Mortgage Broker
Ok I ma getting ready to purchase a new humidor. My wife wants me to keep in on the coffee table in the living room so please keep that in mind as well. Here are the 2 choice that I have it narrowed down to...

Choice #1

Choice #2

I have been wanting something that allows me to view the humidity without opening the humidor and I have been wanting something that has many dividers to break things up. For my budget, the 300 count one would be a little overkill as I can not afford to keep that one fully stocked.

Thanks for your help.

From what I've read, the Thompson's generally have very poor seals.

I would go for choice #2, even though you think that it's a bit larger than you need for now. I have a 250 cap humi, and I have outgrown that. It's better to err on the side of more capacity than it is to get what you need for now, because I gaurantee you'll be looking for a bigger setup within a year.

But that's just my opinion.
-Rob

Definately go for the one with more room than you think you need right now. First you have to take into account the the # ct. on those is usually in cases where you will be stocking it with tiny cigars. Also, you may find some cigars that youlike at a really good price (Cbid, Ian, Hot Deals), you may find some that you want to keep to age a while, or get a bomb from someone that will require more space. So I say in line with what the other guys have get yourself a little more space than you think right now is totally necessary and don't worry about a little extra space for the time being.

CYG

Ebay Rocks!!
headbang.gif

I've had no complaints about my 100ct. from Cubancrafters. It seals good, looks great, and was shipped fast. Had it since February and it maintains humidity very well. I did add a digital hygrometer just because I'm anal like that.
Presidente Humidor

The price is even lower now that when I bought mine, and they have one in rosewood for $10 cheaper too.

Edit: Just noticed the added my comment about this humi to the customer comments section at the bottom of the page. Woot!

Thought about sending a PM, saw one sent, one not sent. Not sure what I'm going to do yet. More than likely not, not send a PM. But maybe I will...

:D

P.S. I like #2.

Neither. I do not care for glass top humis. Just my opinion. However with that being said . . . and since you asked us to make a choice of the two I would select any humidor NOT sold from Thompsons! So go with #2.

Tom - I have to say that your reccomendation was excellent!!!

I ended up buying the Lincoln Glass Top Humidor from Bargain Humidors and I could not be any happier with it.

Now I am no expert as I am a noob somewhat... but this is my 3rd humidor (I like to upgrade often). The quality and construction of this thing is excellent, not to mention that the seal in great as well.

Just wanted to pass this information on to anyone looking for a 150ct humidor. If you are looking for one, you owe it to yourself to give this one a look.

Glad I could help and you like the humi. I've heard great things about the vendor/products.

Yes... Very Excellent Choice... These are the type of things that you hate to buy without seeing them first... but this bet paid off in a major way.

Shiba said:

I ended up buying the Lincoln Glass Top Humidor from Bargain Humidors and I could not be any happier with it.

Now I am no expert as I am a noob somewhat... but this is my 3rd humidor (I like to upgrade often). The quality and construction of this thing is excellent, not to mention that the seal in great as well.

Just wanted to pass this information on to anyone looking for a 150ct humidor. If you are looking for one, you owe it to yourself to give this one a look.
[snapback]230557[/snapback]​
Hey lets see some pictures if you can! With it filled of course. :p

C&R

cigars&rum said:
Shiba said:

[snapback]230557[/snapback]​
Hey lets see some pictures if you can! With it filled of course. :p

C&R
[snapback]232216[/snapback]​
:thumbs: :thumbs:

Will do... I will get some up by tonight... you will also be able to see what a noobs tob shelf looks like ;) :whistling:

OK... Finally... Here are a few pictures of the humidor...The outside pictures will have to be re-done since the lighting in the room did not come out very well.. Here are ones from the inside though...

3.jpg

Lid is closed... Not a bad top shelf for a noob eh???

2.jpg

Open lid with hygrometer showing right at 65% thanks to the beads

1.jpg

Bottom with some of my secret delights :blush: :whistling:

OK... There you have it... I will try to get some of the outside later tonight. I do love this humi though.