• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hurts like heck... but what a cigar!

kevpriest

Clueless Noob
This July 4th weekend I had an Opus X and a Diamond Crown Maximus. I expected great things from the Opus X, and was not disappointed. I didn't know for sure what to expect from the DCM, but I was blown away by it. I don't think I've ever had a cigar that had such complexity, with all of the different flavors popping in and out at different times, combining to form a very pleasant whole.

Anyway, sometimes my enjoyment of a cigar is colored by my mood, and sometimes I've had a cigar that I thought was fantastic the first time, only to be disappointed on the second or third try. I wanted to see if the DCM was as great the second time, so today during lunch I popped over to a nearby cigar shop and picked up a DCM Robusto #5. I sat outside and smoked most of it, and sure enough, it was fantastic. I'll definitely be getting more of these eventually.

The goofy part ensued when I realized my robusto was longer than my lunch hour, so I got back in the car and started driving back to work. I had the windows down and my left hand holding the cigar and steering while I shifted with the right hand. Another car cut the corner a little too sharply on one of the turns and I had to quickly adjust the wheel so that I missed him. Accident avoided, but in the process I bumped the cigar on the wheel and it slid down between my fingers such that the cherry was now firmly between my fingers. The normal human reaction would be to drop it, but no, it's a great cigar! I can't drop it! It'll hit the floorboard, maybe lose the cherry, and it's too short for me to be relighting it! So, I held onto the cherry, searing my flesh, until I could get my right hand up to adjust it. No, the smell of burning flesh and tobacco doesn't go well together, not to mention that it hurt like crazy. But I finished the darn thing!

The stupid things we do, eh?

TFF :laugh:

At least you saved the cigar... shows that you've got your priorities in order. ;)

I feel your pain.
Your fingers will heal. But if your dropped that DCM it may have been gone forever.
good choice my friend.

kevpriest said:
This July 4th weekend I had an Opus X and a Diamond Crown Maximus. I expected great things from the Opus X, and was not disappointed. I didn't know for sure what to expect from the DCM, but I was blown away by it. I don't think I've ever had a cigar that had such complexity, with all of the different flavors popping in and out at different times, combining to form a very pleasant whole.

Anyway, sometimes my enjoyment of a cigar is colored by my mood, and sometimes I've had a cigar that I thought was fantastic the first time, only to be disappointed on the second or third try. I wanted to see if the DCM was as great the second time, so today during lunch I popped over to a nearby cigar shop and picked up a DCM Robusto #5. I sat outside and smoked most of it, and sure enough, it was fantastic. I'll definitely be getting more of these eventually.

The goofy part ensued when I realized my robusto was longer than my lunch hour, so I got back in the car and started driving back to work. I had the windows down and my left hand holding the cigar and steering while I shifted with the right hand. Another car cut the corner a little too sharply on one of the turns and I had to quickly adjust the wheel so that I missed him. Accident avoided, but in the process I bumped the cigar on the wheel and it slid down between my fingers such that the cherry was now firmly between my fingers. The normal human reaction would be to drop it, but no, it's a great cigar! I can't drop it! It'll hit the floorboard, maybe lose the cherry, and it's too short for me to be relighting it! So, I held onto the cherry, searing my flesh, until I could get my right hand up to adjust it. No, the smell of burning flesh and tobacco doesn't go well together, not to mention that it hurt like crazy. But I finished the darn thing!

The stupid things we do, eh?
[snapback]198821[/snapback]​

Ok, and I thought I loved DCM's?!?!?! :laugh: :sign:

I love DCM's. They are my favorite cigar. I smoked a Pyramid on the way home and of course, very excellent. I've never had a bad DCM, but i've had atleast one bad everything else. ;)

Lemon said:
If a DCM is worth burned flesh, maybe I should try one sometime :whistling:
[snapback]199028[/snapback]​

Yeah, they kinda are worth it, IMHO. Lemon my friend, that can and will be done. :whistling:

Not as bad as putting the wrong end in your mouth and seering your tongue only to quickly herf it to avoid it from going out afterward.

LGHT said:
Not as bad as putting the wrong end in your mouth and seering your tongue only to quickly herf it to avoid it from going out afterward.
[snapback]200666[/snapback]​

When I used to smoke cigarettes, the absolute worst was sticking one in your mouth the wrong way without noticing, and lighting it while taking a big drag.

Back