• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I came to drop bombs

Boogs34

So... with the Christmas season and 2 of my friends I've noticed taking a liking to the occasional cigar from me, I figured I'd get them a little something to get started on their own. Since I was making a CBID to reload on some Gurkha Regents, I ordered 2 humis at $11 a pop which is a pretty solid deal and lets me save on my shipping fees. I was also running out of room in the humi thanks to 2 contests won right here at CP so it was a good time to give away some smokes.

humi2_002.jpg

The first thing I did was take out the crappy foam that came in the humidifier!
humi2_003.jpg

Next, I had ordered 1 pound of beads for a reason! Using bilder's method, I replaced the crappy foam with some beads.
humi2_004.jpg

I am prepping them now using my extra hygrometer to find out when the humidity settles in the humidor.
humi2_005.jpg

I then will include these 5 decent sticks: Gurkha Expedition; CAO Gold; Rosa Cuba; Gurkha Regent Torpedo :love: ; and Punch Magnum. I like the Punch and Regent but the others are still solid sticks, just not to my tastes.
humi2_007.jpg

I'll add a friendly little note explaining some basic humidor care (DISTILLED water), how to use the beads (Don't eat), and explain the flavors I tasted on each of these cigars. I'll mention that the Regent is my favorite of the bunch, and warn them that this is for them to taste only! Add in a couple threats: If YOU don't smoke these, and instead, give them away to your lame roommates, I WILL KILL YOU AND BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN". And of course, I will demand their opinions on the cigars followed by some other various insults that belittle their manhood.

Hopefully, because of this, I will add 2 guys that will have a cigar on hand who will want to light up with me, and of course, bum off when I have none on me! :laugh:

Damn really nice gesture indeed.

Need anymore friends hahah

Excelent idea, I thought about doing the same thing with my dad. I'm in the process of finishing a coolerdor so I wont need one of my humidors. It's always nice to introduce someone to something new, or in your case help them to stop smoking all of your sticks :p. I am just trying to help my dad kick his gas station cigar habbit. :thumbs:

Nice one, Boogs!

You really put some thought into this and I'm sure it'll be well appreciated. :thumbs:

Wilkey

Very nice AJ, clearly you are getting into the spirit of this forum. Nice gesture...Doug

Way to bring more into the fold....

One bit of advice it looks like you wiped your humi down. I would advise against that. It looks like the wood is wet, maybe just me. No need to rush things... You can set up a moldy situation by doing that.

Enjoy