• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I did it! I did it!

Marcos

I love you Rocky & Sammie and Bee...thank you
Well today I finally had the day I've been waiting for. Played Berkshire Valley golf course today with my usual Saturday partner...my dad. We've been hitting the links for years together every Saturday. While we both love the game, neither of us have any time to practice...at all. We show up on Saturday with the last time we touched a club being the previous Saturday. No driving range, no putting green. Berkshire Valley is part of the Morris County, NJ Park system. It's a public course that to me is nicer then some privates I have played before. We play it about 3-4 times a summer, alternating with the other Morris County courses along the way. I am a mid 80's shooter on an average day with plenty of 80, 81, & 82's thrown in the mix. I started the day sinking a 15-20 footer for birdie on the first hole. The second hole, a long par three has my 3-wood go OB. I dropped and hit my third, a flop over a bunker to a downhill pin and buried it for a hole out par!!! The butterflies set in early and the adrenaline washed all other thoughts right out of my mind. I finished the front nine at +1. My all time best for nine holes. The back nine has the wheels come off slightly, as they usually do with me. Fatigue.. hitting on the girl on the beer cart (turned out to be way too young :0 this time) etc...had caused me to lose some focus. A double and a handful of bogeys had me shaking my head, feeling a bit pissed that it was slipping away. I regrouped for a couple more pars on the way in. As I sat there adding up the scores I couldn't help thinking about how much I love being out there. Golf has been my therapy for as long as I can remember. It is truly the only 5 hour stretch of time when I don't think about anything. In the last two years alone it has helped me get through a divorce and it has helped me cope with the death of my best friend. Practically every major decision I have made in my adult life has either been made on the golf course or influenced by what the game of golf has taught me. It was nice to finally see this day arrive.

Great story to read, congratulations on a whopper of a day!

Always nice to achieve a goal. Now repeat it :)

congrats to you!!

Next stop 75!