• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I Did It

slowhand

Sorry if I am bragging a bit,

But, I passed my CCIE Voice lab. First try. The pressure was terrible but is gone now. For the uninitiated, this is the monumental IT certification and will open many doors. Hopefully, my current employer will compensate me appropriately and I will not have to move on. I've been here ten years and would hate to leave. I am already fielding a handful of calls a week from recuiters.

I think an OpusX A is in store as a celebration :D :D :D

But, I passed my CCIE Voice lab. First try. The pressure was terrible but is gone now. For the uninitiated, this is the monumental IT certification and will open many doors. Hopefully, my current employer will compensate me appropriately and I will not have to move on. I've been here ten years and would hate to leave. I am already fielding a handful of calls a week from recuiters.

Yeah, but not just one. Cisco's IE labs weren't a cake walk when last I checked (some time ago).

Who pays your freight now? I'm in voice at Level 3. TDM and VOIP. Our early backbone was 12012's with a few 12040's. We're Juniper MPLS on the backbone with dozens of the 12012s on the customer edge, Juniper T640's on the border gateways. Rumor has it that the next generation won't be Juniper or Cisco and last of the big Ciscos to be gone in a year.

Who pays your freight now? I'm in voice at Level 3. TDM and VOIP. Our early backbone was 12012's with a few 12040's. We're Juniper MPLS on the backbone with dozens of the 12012s on the customer edge, Juniper T640's on the border gateways. Rumor has it that the next generation won't be Juniper or Cisco and last of the big Ciscos to be gone in a year.

What he said. :sign: :sign:

Brandon

Yeah, but not just one. Cisco's IE labs weren't a cake walk when last I checked (some time ago).

NullSmurf might have just as well said this:

呀, 但不僅一。Cisco 的IE 實驗室不是蛋糕步行當前我檢查了(某個時候前) 。誰現在支付您的貨物? 我是由聲音在水平3 。TDM 和VOIP 。我們的早期中堅是12012's 與幾12040's 。我們是杜松MPLS 在中堅與許多12012s 在顧客邊緣, 杜松T640's 在疆界門戶。謠言有它, 下一代不會是杜松或大Ciscos 的Cisco 和為時進來在一年。

Congratulations Jason!! :thumbs:

呀, 但不僅一。Cisco 的IE 實驗室不是蛋糕步行當前我檢查了(某個時候前) 。誰現在支付您的貨物? 我是由聲音在水平3 。TDM 和VOIP 。我們的早期中堅是12012's 與幾12040's 。我們是杜松MPLS 在中堅與許多12012s 在顧客邊緣, 杜松T640's 在疆界門戶。謠言有它, 下一代不會是杜松或大Ciscos 的Cisco 和為時進來在一年。

I can't believe how hard that made me laugh. Thanks.

nullsmurf,

Do you work for an ISP? The GSR 12000 series is some pretty big boy equipment.

And no, the CCIE labs are no cakewalk. They are one of the few certifications that actually mean something now a days,

Congrats brother and I hope you enjoyed the Opus X. Just to let you know, I didn't understand one word that you were talking about but it sounded good....... :D :thumbs: :p

Congrats! umm, whatever it is that you passed, but it sounds important! Celebrate then ask your employer for that review..... :thumbs:

Most people can only guess how hard this was to do. Congratulations on your accomplishment :thumbs:

But, I passed my CCIE Voice lab. First try.

That's awesome. I can tell by all the smileys that this was a good thing that happened to you. CoventryCat's translation makes only slightly more sense to me than what you said.

AVB is right, though, I have no idea how hard it was, but as someone who took a Bar exam not too long ago, I have at least some empathy.

Hope that Opus A was all you hoped for!

Man, I'm an IT guy and these network guys still sound like gibberish to me.

[quote name='coventrycat86' post='313775' date='Apr 20 2006, 09:32 PM']

[/quote]

I can't believe how hard that made me laugh. Thanks.

[quote name='NullSmurf' post='313758' date='Apr 20 2006, 08:33 PM]

Did it make you laugh because it looks like something that came out of an instruction booklet? No offense meant or taken of course. That's actually a pretty good translation eventhough the technical language is a bit beyond me.

And Congrats!

Bah! VOIP, Ethernet, PIP, ATM, Frame Relay, Optical.........yada yada, we do it all in my group :sign:

Sorry, geek loop.

All the shit mentioned are just multi-million dollar light and heat producing devices. Can't light a cigar with one and they won't keep your beer cold.

nullsmurf,

Do you work for an ISP? The GSR 12000 series is some pretty big boy equipment.

And no, the CCIE labs are no cakewalk. They are one of the few certifications that actually mean something now a days,

I work for an access, aka tier 1 provider. We're ISPs to the ISPs. I don't do much with IP any more, but I still know how to fuck up a Cisco. If any of you losers are still dialing into the Internet, there is about a 65% chance you're dialing in on hardware that I manage.

Congrats. I passed my IE Security written and am studying for the lab now. Everytime I think I am ready, I just cant call to schedule it!! :D

Nice all I have is a CCNA :) I can't imagine going much higher then that.