• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I finally have a website

Maybe this thread should be called 雪茄烟盒中的保湿装置 or is it this?有保湿装置的雪茄烟盒 I can't rember. (Chinese for Humidor) LMAO sorry, I couldn't resist. :thumbs: You gotta laugh at least a little. :laugh:

Shouldn't this really be in the retailer forum?

No, because he makes Humi's as a hobby and.... well.......It kinda works in the Humi section, don't you think Tom?

By the Way great site.

Not if he sells them or trades them while billing for labor. The precedent was set with Volusionator's cigar box clocks exactly how craftsmen selling for anything beyond cost of materials should post info related to their sales. It isn't something to get up in arms about and no dig on minister but it has been beaten into the ground in the past ad infinitum.

I'm not getting up in arms about anything I was just posting my feelings about where he started this thread. I didn't mean to upset anyone or start a fight about it I was just pointing out that it is mostly a hobby for him and dozens of members have loved his work and asked about a web-site. I do agree that if he was here just to sell humidors that this should me in the manufacturers forum, however since he is a fairly active member being proud of his work and new web-site I believe it should be celebrated as such.

Again, just to clarify, I am not trying to start up a war about this I was just expressing my feelings and not to offend Tom or anyone else so there is no need to make pop-corn. :laugh:

I don't want to offend anyone either. I can't compete with the MFG's out there. In the time it takes me to build one they fill palates. I'm just having fun when I get home from work. Like I've said before, beats watching TV for me and since I can't smoke cigars in the house, what better way to enjoy a cigar than building a humi while doing it. I was just excited that a fellow BOTL was so generous to make me a website. I tried to pay him, make him a humi or send him some cigars and he wouldn't have any of it. Not often you'll find someone that'll go to that much effort for someone they've never even met. I felt he deserved praise for such kindness. Anyway, Have a happy Green day. :thumbs:

You walk a fine line between a manufacturer and a brother/hobbiest. You make a profit and get paid for your time (rightfully so), so you're a manufacturer. But you do it as a hobby and sometimes for charity... it's a fine line, like I said. Neither side is the wrong side, unless you mis-represent yourself. I don't think you're doing that by any means. People will continue to voice their opinions based on the side of the line they think you are on. Just keep taking it all in stride and making great products.

Nice website and a great gift by a friend for you. :thumbs:

---John Holmes...

Thanks my friend. Honestly, I'd love to do this for a living. Problem is, I'd have to live on the streets. :laugh: I'm way to anal when doing these so profit is not my motive. If CP ever has an event that the proceeds go to a good cause, I'd be happy to donate something. The Quadstate Herf proceeds were for wounded Soldiers. That was a great cause. I'm honored to have been a part of it. :thumbs:

I would just suggest you contact Rod to make sure everything is fine. I've admired your work for a while and I wouldn't want any bad feelings to arise. Best to go to the boss and make sure he's cool with everything.

Not to ruffle any feathers, but I think Bill's idea to post info about his website relates to his passion for Cigar Life. It was just a showing of his passion for quality woodwork. Lets try and keep that in mind. I dont see him pushing humidors on this or any other site. It was just to show his enthusiam for the love of cigars. IMO Great Website for BOTL to view and enjoy if they choose to.

Nice looking site Bill.

We still need set something up at McMahon's for a smoke and some scotch.

Thanks guys. I'd like to do McMahons in the next couple weeks if you like. Grab a couple steaks and enjoy a cigar for desert. I think my GF is working tue wed thursday nights for the next few weeks so I could go after work. :thumbs: anyone else up for a steak and cigars here in Tucson?