• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I hadn't realized how bad its gotten in the USA

It takes a village to indoctrinate a child..... Sorry, Ive been holding that in for way too long. :laugh:

So here was an article that made me cringe a little this morning.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20091220/sc_afp/lifestyleclimatewarminganimalsfood"]Yahoo News[/url]

The jist of the story is that a medium sized dog eats so much meat and grain over the course of a year that the resources it takes to provide that food gives the medium sized dog a "carbon footprint" greater then an SUV making the dog an "extravagant luxury". They even break it down to the math that a gold fish equals two cell phones?? Uh, ok....

So I'm almost ok with hearing a dog being called a luxury, but then I read this part.

"Everyone should work out their own environmental impact. I should be allowed to say that I walk instead of using my car and that I don't eat meat, so why shouldn't I be allowed to have a little cat to alleviate my loneliness?"

That really made me cringe. She used the word "allowed"!! Now I'm all in favor of of my friends in Florida not having to take a boat to work, and if the US Navy says the arctic ice is the thinnest they have ever seen it in all the years since they first started sailing under it, then thats good enough for me, just maybe something is afoot? I don't know but it's worth taking a look at. But to talk about being "allowed" to own a cat? Some people are crazy out there and there HAS to be a better way of looking at things or I'd rather buy scuba gear.

Of course I could be wrong....... :laugh: