• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I have been known to relight cigars

I hope no one decides to try to start a Re-Light 'Em Pass :0
as a result of this thread

antaean

Never the next day..Once in awhile, only after it has been out for a short time, an hour at the most.

Not sure where I heard this, and I have done it when I re-light, but I heard/read that if you exhale through the cigar as you are holding your lighter at the end and toasting the foot it is supposed to take away the build up and 'bad stuff' that accumulates when the cigar goes out.

This sometimes take awhile until the foor is "fully cooked" but does seem to draw and taste OK after I have done this.

But again, I have only done this after letting it sit for a short time.

CigarAl,

This is a technique Gael de Courtivron talked about some time ago. I'll see if I can scout up the link.

Wilkey

I am shocked and appalled by this thread. Many of you spend $35 for a cutter, and $100 on a lighter, taste all sorts of exotic food in your smokes and then commit the most egregious of all sins. Relight a day old cigar!!! I must say I'm very disillusioned. Personally I'd sooner light up a fresh Muniemaker than relight a day old premium. I'm not sure I'll ever recover from this. Wilkey, Wilkey , Wilkey, I'm so disappointed.. I wanted so much to be like you when I grow up. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Doc

Too funny Doc and so true! :laugh:

I have to say I am relighter on occasion, however I usually smoke most of my cigars all the way down to the nub and toss em, so there wouldn't be much to relight.... The only times are when I get to drinking and set it down and forget where I placed it, and find it the next day... I have never had a bad experience relighting

I too have been know to relite as much at 2-3 times, however on occasion my relit nub can taste like a railroad tie. Every once in a while though, my relit stogie will taste almost as good as new. Too good to waste. :thumbs:

Now my father is the king of doing this. We will be outside and come across half smoked cigars in the bushes, on the mailbox, or on the windshield of his car. One of my favorite memories was driving to the running trail with him at 8:30am as he smoked his cigar and drank his black coffee. He got out, set the cigar on the wiper (ps--better place than whoever puts it on the tires), stretched, ran 3 miles, go back and immediately lit up the cigar and finished the tepid cup of coffee. Of course he goes through 3+ cigars a day since he often loses the numbs.

I have tried it before, but find them often too scorched to be worth the few bucks I save--if I know I aint got time for a prime cigar, it stays in the box.

As for the guys who relight and smoke other people cigars that is just plain N-A-S-T-Y, nasty.

I am shocked and appalled by this thread. Many of you spend $35 for a cutter, and $100 on a lighter, taste all sorts of exotic food in your smokes and then commit the most egregious of all sins. Relight a day old cigar!!! I must say I'm very disillusioned. Personally I'd sooner light up a fresh Muniemaker than relight a day old premium. I'm not sure I'll ever recover from this. Wilkey, Wilkey , Wilkey, I'm so disappointed.. I wanted so much to be like you when I grow up. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Doc

Don't be too hard on Wilkey, he's a good man! Sure, he smokes three-day old Moontrances while wearing a pink bustier, but come on, we've all had to work out gender confusion issues at some point or another.

Quick, AVB! Post some cigar girls and let's help Wilkey through these troubled times!

CAO%20Moontrance%20Cigarillos-B.jpg

Wilkey's our very own "exotic fruit" :)

Back