• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I just gagged down a Romeo y Julieta

Easto

Years ago I really liked this brand. I had purchased a "Churchill" about a year ago and stuck it in the bottom of my humidor and forgot about it. I've been smoking what I consider a bit more of a "premium" line i.e. Padron Anniversary, Fuente Hemingway, Ashton and AVO. This thing was a stinker. I got down about (I repeat, about) 2 inches into the thing and threw it out. God almighty it was aweful.

I'm staying away from those from now on.

Yikes! You're lucky to have made it as far as you did! :laugh:

RyJ NC's are about the NASTIEST cigars out there!

You're telling me!

At least I lived to talk about it! :thumbs:

Hmm, I'm a fan of the RyJ Reserva Reals.

I've never had an ISOM RyJ so I cannot compare the two, but I enjoy the Reserva Reals.

Funny, I just smoked an R&J Dom. toro yesterday and was really disappointed too, it tasted green, even though it's been in my humidor for over two years. I think part of the problem is those cheap Indonesian wrappers...I lasted about half way and chucked it out the window!

Life is far too short to smoke s#!tty cigars. Just say "...no!..."...... :laugh:

B.B.S.

Hmm, I've had a few Viejo's and really liked them. To each his own, I guess.

I second liking the RyJ Reserva Reals but that is the only RyJ I have tried.

I smoked a few of these NC RyJ when I started smoking cigars and liked them. A year (and a few ISOM RyJs) later, I picked up another NC from my local shop for about 8 bucks. After toasting the foot, I tossed the stick. What a waste of 8 bucks.

I like the reserve maduro lonsdale. Got some cheap about a year ago and still working on the box, but probably would not buy a whole box again. I thought the NC RyJ #2 Edicion Limitada Tubo was a POS and way overpriced with terrible, soft construction.

I really dig the Petite Belicoso #2s but I haven't cared much for most other RyJs I've tried.

Edit-->forgot about the Viejo I had and really enjoyed.

i had a romeo y julieta tubo awhile back..it wasnt my favorite but it was a pretty good cigar..

I don't know... maybe I'm just unsophisticated, but I've enjoyed a hand full of RyJs -- they're not the most complex smokes, but they burn well and have a pleasant enough flavor. I remember really liking a couple RyJ Vintage coronas before I really started getting into smoking cigars.

I'd rather spend my money on more complex and full-flavored smokes nowadays, but I wouldn't turn one down. To each his own, I guess.

To each his own, I guess.

For sure! Don't let us or anyone else put down your tastes! Sure, sometimes we may associated a certain few cigars with, for instance, garbage, but that doesn't mean you have to do the same! Smoke what you like, and so on... :thumbs:

Edit: grammaarh.

I used to enjoy the 1875 Bully, but now it's just too mild. I've still got a few in the humidor for moochers.

It always confuses me when people dont like the cigars that i like. Not that theres anything wrong with that, but it just makes me think that my palette is too young. Ive only been regularly smoking cigars for a couple of months. As i am from the UK, i only smoke cubans. The RYJ short Churchill is my favorite. i visited the US a couple of weeks ago and was amazed that i pay $26 in the uk for a good cigar, so i proceeded to buy 120 cigars and a humi to bring back with me :)

I went to JR Cigars and BarclayRex in NYC. Heres a list of some of what i bought:-

Montecristo platinums
JR assorted Toro(Onyx, La Corona, RYJ, Santa Damana,Montecristo)
RYJ Vintage III
Punch gran puro
Partagas Black
Hoyo Sampler (Excaliburs, Dark samutra,Dark Knight 1066)
Robusto sellecion (Montes, Upmanns, RYJ's) X2
Padron 1926
Padron 2000
San Cristobal
Oliva Master BLends 3
Rocky Patel Vintage 1999
CAO Variety (Brazillia, Criollo, Italia, Gold, CX2)
JR Honduran Best buy (10 mixed...Henry clay, Maria Guerra, Upmann Speciality, Don Diego)
JR Dominican Best buy(10 mixed.. Monte, Upman, RYJ etc)

Now, to the relevant part. One of my fave's so far has been the RYJ vintage 3. It really reminds me of the RYJ short Churchill Cuban. The sweetness of the aroma is there. Like honey :). I also tried a Bully and found that to be a great smoke too(i prefer the Vintage 3)..I have a reserve real in my humi and might try that to see a comparison with the vintage. Im quite surprised that this post contains such negative comments about RYJ. Im starting to worry that ive bought all the wrong cigars :) hehe..

The best R&J I've found is the Habano line just released a short time ago. COMPLETLEY different than the one you smoked. I think they're $5-ish on average per cigar.