• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I need a new cutter

Eshaw99

Just livin' the dream
Ok, I'm tired of buying cheap cutters and replacing them every other month because the blades get dull. I've decided to finally get myself a nice one, but I don't know which one I should get. Suggestions?

Swiss Army Knife with Cigar Cutter. Best one.

Xi Cutter is not bad either.

Sam

Edited: The above is my opinion. Everyone has different instruments they perfer and I would suggest trying more than just "one" cutter to decide for yourself which one suits you the best.

I found a nice Xikar on c-bid
Only thing is being patient waiting for
a good bid to win

Bill

Cheap and good: the Havana single blade. Small, sharp, 3.95 so you don't care if you lose one.
Expensive and good: Xicar, both the Xi and their punch. Nice thing about the Xi, if you think it's getting dull, the company will resharpen it.

Some folks swear by the Zino, and there's another one with a weird name I forget. :laugh:

I use a cuban crafters guillotine cutter, which you can view here. I've also grown to love my .44 magnum cutter, and have been using it more. Absolutely no wrapper issues with the head after you prep the cigar and having the cap of the head still on there, just makes it a better fit to smoke personally. :cool:

Ditto what Craig said... PALIO! However... I also like the SAK!

Wade

Allow me to link you with THIS THREAD on the same subject, with lots of good information.

Management summary: Xikar! :love:

edited to add: okay, I'm biased.

I got examples of all the above, the one in my pocket everyday is the SAK.

Looks like a lot of good opinions! :thumbs: I think I'm going to get a Palio (if I can find one) and a xicar

You can't beat the Havana cutter! The price alone is worth it.

Get a punch. Cbid has some 2 or 3-packs for cheap. Otherwise, go with a SAK or Xikar MT.

(As you'll notice, I don't like traditional cutters.)

Gotta agree with KB. I want his over any I.ve heard so far. Even if it was the suckiest cutter in the world( I know its not) It would still be the coolest.

Is this the SAK that folks keep mentioning? It's the only one I could find that has an actual cutter rather than just scissors.

It's far from sucky. I was told a long time ago that a cheap v cut won't cut, and they were right. I paid 5 for mine and it sucks. I use the Opus one everyday. :D

I have a Palio and a Xikar Xi2. I gotta say I like the Palio a BIT better. The blades in the Xi2 have a bit of slop that sometimes results in some deflection and the resulting cut has a tiny step. I suspect the more expensive Xi doesn't have the slop. I may send the Xi2 to Xikar though becuase a $30 cutter shouldn't do that.

Next time I make an order from Bargainhumidors I am going to have to try that Havana cutter.

When I don't have a cigar cutter on my the scissors in my Leatherman Micra Tool I keep in my pocket will do a decent job on cigars 45 ring and smaller. The SAK tool looks nice but I wouldn't give up my Micra to carry it.

-Matt-