• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I Received the Macanudo 1968 Sampler

ironpeddler

Ye Old Newbie
When I read a post about the Macanudo 1968 cigar, someone posted the link to get the 3 cigar sampler for $9.95 and I ordered them.

I got mine an hour ago from USPS. Have any other members received theirs and tried them yet?

Let us know. :thumbs:

Macanudo1968.jpg

Nice.

Mine might be waiting for me back at home, then.

So how do they smell? How long until you light one up?

Wilkey

Nice.

Mine might be waiting for me back at home, then.

Wilkey
That's why I asked...should I just fire one up or wait a bit?

Wilkey, I took the robusto out of the cellophane and it has a nice dark, smooth, oily wrapper and smells like no other Macanudo I ever smoked...but then again that's been 15 years ago or more since my last Mac :laugh:

Now you have me sniffing through my singles drawer of my humi :laugh: The closest cigar by smell is a Johnny O!....a little richer than an Tatuaje (Black label?), the one with the unfinished foot. It has a very, deep rich fragrance....nothing like a ISOM, stronger.

I can't smoke one in the foreseeable future, if I did I wouldn't be able to enjoy and figure it out...Club Ironpeddler is now open for business for all our families :angry: We live by the Jersey Shore and I have a ton of people here, it rained a little this morning and is just clearing up now so no one went to the beach! I got people in the pool, the hot tub, and scattered all around the back yard and house...listening to music and eating like they're going to the electric chair! I'm pulling a Bobby Flay at the grill (taking a short break after lunch) and will be for the whole week....maybe later tonight when they all go to the boardwalk I'll fire one up :thumbs:

Pray for me....

Shit man, just be the grumpy old grampa who smokes cigars - like me! You're on my turf, so learn to deal with it. Actually, I don't smoke in the house when grandbabies are visiting.

Wilkey
That's why I asked...should I just fire one up or wait a bit?

Wilkey, I took the robusto out of the cellophane and it has a nice dark, smooth, oily wrapper and smells like no other Macanudo I ever smoked...but then again that's been 15 years ago or more since my last Mac :laugh:

Now you have me sniffing through my singles drawer of my humi :laugh: The closest cigar by smell is a Johnny O!....a little richer than an Tatuaje (Black label?), the one with the unfinished foot. It has a very, deep rich fragrance....nothing like a ISOM, stronger.

I can't smoke one in the foreseeable future, if I did I wouldn't be able to enjoy and figure it out...Club Ironpeddler is now open for business for all our families :angry: We live by the Jersey Shore and I have a ton of people here, it rained a little this morning and is just clearing up now so no one went to the beach! I got people in the pool, the hot tub, and scattered all around the back yard and house...listening to music and eating like they're going to the electric chair! I'm pulling a Bobby Flay at the grill (taking a short break after lunch) and will be for the whole week....maybe later tonight when they all go to the boardwalk I'll fire one up :thumbs:

Pray for me....
Hehehe, Gary, I feel your pain. We have a small house and when both sets of grandparents come over, let's just say it gets "spirited." :laugh:

I gotta say, your description just might make me toast one tonight if in fact mine arrived. A lot of folks will tell you to wait some time, a day to a month, before you fire up a shipped smoke. Since we got three for a good price, I'd do it at my earliest opportunity.

Now quit yer typing and get back on that grill. ;)

Wilkey

You guys talking about them got me to order the sampler, got them today. We'll see.

Just got mine this AM and smoked the smaller stick after lunch. It was a great smoke and a gorgeous wrapper with a perfect draw! Really enjoyed it.

Dan

My buddy decided to order this a week or so back and he handed me the robusto today!

I'll tell you what fellas. Macanudo is definitely onto something, but this cigar doesn't quite deliver to the hype. I wouldn't mind having a 5er handy, but I definitely won't be looking for it...

Perfect construction, good burn (not great), and mediumish body. Very smooth character, average smoke. The draw was what I consider good - not too tight, not too loose, just enough resistance. But he flavor - really one dimensional. Didn't evolve, didn't change. I love the flavor of tobacco, but it was somewhat absent - if that's possible? Not much spice to talk of, either. Perhaps it was dry?

Disappointed.

I'll give it another shot.

Edit: If some humi time does this cigar some good, the MSRP:performance ratio might be justifiable.

lol, that's funny, you beat me to the punch, I just posted one myself about them ... haven't had the chance to smoke one yet, letting them marinate in my humi ...

Got mine today and they do look very nice and have a rich, barnyardy aroma. If they smoke like they smell, they'll be pretty good at the very least. Since they marinated in my mailbox all afternoon, gonna have to give them a few days to relax.

Wilkey

I didn't bother ordering these, as I already have way too many smokes with a proven track record that I have yet to try. However, is anyone else a bit confused at the following? Macanudo comes out with a supposedly exciting, revolutionary new line, and what sizes do they offer? Robusto, toro, Churchill, and obnoxiously fat toro... This just strikes me as a tad, well, boring. ???

However, is anyone else a bit confused at the following? Macanudo comes out with a supposedly exciting, revolutionary new line, and what sizes do they offer? Robusto, toro, Churchill, and obnoxiously fat toro... This just strikes me as a tad, well, boring. ???
Boring? To some, sure. To the majority of casual smokers, those are the sizes they're most interested in. Macanudo is following the market trend...in blend as well as sizing.

Wilkey

Well you guys talked me into it, I ordered two. One for me the other for my brother, he loves Macanudo's hope he likes these.

This ain't your daddy's airball. I can't relate to most of the adjectives, but I'm liking this so far.

I'm impressed with how quick they got here. They are currently resting for a few days.