• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I Received the Macanudo 1968 Sampler

I just smoked the robusto and it was a decent cigar, nothing special IMHO.

I just received mine today, they're gonna rest for a couple days, then I'll be firing one up!! :thumbs: I'm excited, they smell pretty good.

I smoked one on Wednesday. The initial pre-light smell was chocolaty. Initial tastes were earthly with a creamy/sweet tone to it. All in all, I am glad I picked this up. I dont know that I will buy many at MSRP, but I think this sampler was worth the $10.

To me, the robo had a profile similar to the Casa Torano maduro. If you like those, you'll like these.

Edit to add: BTW, I liked both the Casa Torano Maduro and the Mac 68 robo.

I smoked one on Wednesday. The initial pre-light smell was chocolaty. Initial tastes were earthly with a creamy/sweet tone to it. All in all, I am glad I picked this up. I dont know that I will buy many at MSRP, but I think this sampler was worth the $10.

yeah..that was my thinking that for the price you really couldnt go wrong unless they were total dog rockets which I havent really heard that mentioned about them.

Well, I smoked my robusto size today. Although it didn't make me see through time as the advertisement promises ( :sign: ), it was still a pretty good smoke. Only problem is it became bland at the halfway point, so I went through another 1/2 inch to see if it improved, and it didn't so I chucked it.

All in all, I would smoke one if someone gave one to me, but I'm not pulling my pennies together to purchase a box!

I smoked the robusto size yesterday. It started out having a sweet flavor with a hint of chocolate, but then it kind of mellowed out and became more bland the longer I smoked it. Overall, I don't think I will buy them when they come out, because there are just too many better smokes out there for less than they are going to charge for this cigar, IMHO.

I finally smoked my first one yesterday morning...the Robusto...and I have to say that I didn't really enjoy it.

Like Wilkey said...smelled a little "barnyardy" and that got me in a positive frame of mind to smoke it. The dark wrapper and smooth finish got my attention to settle back and take this Macanoodo for a ride.

Pre-light draw was good and initial light was perfect, it lit up like a champ with a nice even burn. It seemed to be rolled nicely because it drew easily but to too easily and produced a fair amount of smoke. The burn smoke smelled very sweet, fragrant and robust which lead me to believe this should be a good cigar. When I finally dug in and took a few puffs, the initial flavor was that of a faint, bitter, metal taste that I hoped would go away. These are young and moist, so I chalked it up to those 2 factors, wet cigar tobacco will tend to give off that nickel/iodine taste (as well as a cigar in need of aging), but most times that taste will fade a bit as you progress through the cigar...I wasn't that lucky with this one.

As it progressed, this taste just lingered there, not allowing any other flavors come through...I received no chocolate...I didn't pick up on any fruity tastes...no creaminess or sweetness :blush: All I realized was a basic earthy overtone that was to become the predominant taste of the cigar. The ash was very loose and fell off every inch or so, one of which fell on my newspaper. If it wasn't for the fact that I started this thread and felt I should at least post my humble opinion, I would have pitched it at the half way point. I will revisit the next one shortly so I have a direct comparison.

This stick was just a bit too wet to smoke right now......I'll dry box the last two of the sampler and hope for the best.

I smoked one of mine on the golf course. I didn't pay too close attention to the flavors, but it smoked good. The one thing I did notice is that 20 minutes after it was done, I barely tasted anything. I guess that's a bonus for my wife... :p

Wow, sorry to hear of your bad experience with the Robusto, Gary. I hope your specimens turn around with a little time. I guess the 4 hours in a hot mailbox did my sticks good. :p

Wilkey

I smoked one of mine on the golf course. I didn't pay too close attention to the flavors, but it smoked good. The one thing I did notice is that 20 minutes after it was done, I barely tasted anything. I guess that's a bonus for my wife... :p
Her cooking that bad

bahahaha

I wonder if my order didn't go through? I ordered the same day that the link was posted and haven't seen hide nor hair of these sticks. No charge yet, so I guess it's OK.

Her cooking that bad

bahahaha

HAHAHAHA Naw she just doesn't like to smell cigars on me a for hours after I smoke one. She is a pastry chef with an Associates in Culinary Arts. She is a great cook, let me know if you are ever headed Madison, WI way, and we can have steaks, cigars, and cheesecake.

Her cooking that bad

bahahaha

HAHAHAHA Naw she just doesn't like to smell cigars on me a for hours after I smoke one. She is a pastry chef with an Associates in Culinary Arts. She is a great cook, let me know if you are ever headed Madison, WI way, and we can have brats, cigars, and cheese curds.

There, I fixed it for you. :whistling:

The postman handed me mine about 10 minutes ago. Outstanding shipping! Ordered Monday, received Wednesday and that's traveling coast to coast! :thumbs: Into the humi they go for a couple days and then it's burn time.

Her cooking that bad

bahahaha

HAHAHAHA Naw she just doesn't like to smell cigars on me a for hours after I smoke one. She is a pastry chef with an Associates in Culinary Arts. She is a great cook, let me know if you are ever headed Madison, WI way, and we can have brats, cigars, and cheese curds.

There, I fixed it for you. :whistling:

You've obviously never had my steaks or my wife's cheesecake. :D :D :D

Wow, sorry to hear of your bad experience with the Robusto, Gary. I hope your specimens turn around with a little time. I guess the 4 hours in a hot mailbox did my sticks good. :p

Wilkey
Wilkey, I guess yours were cooked to a perfect medium rare :laugh:

I have the others in my 62% desktop humi for a few days already...I'll break another one out on Sunday morning and see how it goes. :thumbs:

Your price assessment was right on the money with these...after all is set and done, it may shake out to be a $5 cigar.